Dow 26k by Jan. 31

Oh my gosh, we DID it!!! Dow 25,000, then 26,000, then 27,000.

WOW!!!! :D :dance: :clap: :dance:

(OK, I promise I will return to the forum-approved level of depression and doom ASAP.)

It likely happened because no one posted comments about it on this thread until after 3PM Eastern time. :)

Oh my gosh, we DID it!!! Dow 25,000, then 26,000, then 27,000.

WOW!!!! :D :dance: :clap: :dance:

(OK, I promise I will return to the forum-approved level of depression and doom ASAP.)

No worries. You used the wrong "W" word. :cool: :flowers:

This seems to be a W2R wheee-proof rally!

There, maybe I just jinxed it.

Anyone else looking forward to the drop as much as I am? I made quite a bit after the last drop and I'm actually looking forward to trying it again. Disney went down to $16 in both 2001 and 2009 - I didnt buy it and probably won't buy it in the future but that price will be one of the things I look for as a signal that a bottom may be near.

Anyone else looking forward to the drop as much as I am? I made quite a bit after the last drop and I'm actually looking forward to trying it again. Disney went down to $16 in both 2001 and 2009 - I didnt buy it and probably won't buy it in the future but that price will be one of the things I look for as a signal that a bottom may be near.

I’m thinking it might still take a couple more years before a big plunge.

From NorthmanTrader tweet:
$DJIA is now 2659 points or 11.1% above its YEARLY Bollinger Band.
Hasn't even touched it in 2018.
All history suggests a tag coming.
DUUN364X0AAqnoS.jpg:large

Funny. lol
These index moves are just insane historically.

Not to sound like " a chartist" but in reviewing year-end and historical data recently I noticed that the charts are going vertical. Zoom. Straight up. Almost like the Naz in 1999. Don't know if that portends anything but it was a rather stark image

Not to sound like " a chartist" but in reviewing year-end and historical data recently I noticed that the charts are going vertical. Zoom. Straight up. Almost like the Naz in 1999. Don't know if that portends anything but it was a rather stark image

Yeah, Northman Trader has been tweeting about the parabolic moves on the indexes and individual stocks. Check this article out. It has gotten crazier since he posted it on January 3rd.
https://northmantrader.com/2018/01/03/yearly-charts/

Charts & graphs don't hold any significance for me. I see obstacles being lowered or removed in favor of corporations & business. Rates are still low. Unemployment is low. Inflation is low. What else is there? Dow could easily hit 100k in the next 5 years.

Charts & graphs don't hold any significance for me. I see obstacles being lowered or removed in favor of corporations & business. Rates are still low. Unemployment is low. Inflation is low. What else is there? Dow could easily hit 100k in the next 5 years.

Regression to the mean. Nothing goes straight up forever.

Regression to the mean. Nothing goes straight up forever.

I think the big ... I won't cal it a mistake... but perhaps blind spot.. is that the stock market and the economy and how big a H/O business is getting from tax cuts whether needed or unneeded, are not subject to Newton's Laws.

People tend to think the stock market and the economy are like Zach and Cody when they are more like Hoss and Little Joe, or Chip and Ernie. They're related but not as closely as people might have been led to expect.

A good longterm trade would be short treasuries over the next 10+ years.

That'd be over a 30% gain annually. I believe the only time in the history of the DOW you would've been able to see those returns were if you bought in 1923 and sold before the crash in '29. 50k is possible though I doubt it, I dont' think 100k will be seen until decades later.

I will split the difference with you & say 75k. Digging out of a deep hole. Records are mean't to be broken.

If you can have a 40 year bond market bull a 20 year or 25 year stock market bull is doable. Things are changing at a faster & faster rate. Its creating opportunities that the markets see.

As these Dow numbers get higher and higher I'm starting to lose sense of their real meaning. A sort of numbness is setting in. It reminds me of when gasoline prices kept going up during the '70s, and when filling the tank I'd watch the gas pump's digits turn with greater and greater speed. It was tough to grasp how quickly economic things had changed.

As these Dow numbers get higher and higher I'm starting to lose sense of their real meaning. A sort of numbness is setting in. It reminds me of when gasoline prices kept going up during the '70s, and when filling the tank I'd watch the gas pump's digits turn with greater and greater speed. It was tough to grasp how quickly economic things had changed.

It's amazing! It just goes up, and up, and up, and up. It's like we are headed straight up to the sky in a rocket. I know it can't last forever, so I'm battening down the hatches for the inevitable crash. But for now, what a ride! :D

OK:

house paid off
new paid off car this spring and no other debt
no cable TV or landline, cheap cell phone
bare bones expenses cut way back
social security and mini-pension
crash helmet on

3....2....1.... here we go!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 57