Dwolla - Credit Card Alternative?

ERD50

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Excellent article; thanks for posting it ERD50.

Ha

I'm really interested in this. I'd love to see a viable way to provide a little real competition in this area.

Paypal was promising, but they've raised their fees to a level that is just as bad as the credit cards themselves.

The challenge with something like this is getting to a critical mass of users. It doesn't do any good to have a payment method that no one takes.

I buy collectible comics on a comic message board. The users there have been looking for an alternative to paypal for awhile, as the fees add up. Many of us have resorted to mailing checks to avoid the fees, which is a little goofy in this day and age. I've started a thread there asking if anyone would be interested in using Dwolla.

It's PayPal minus the credit card requirement for the consumer and minus the higher fees for the merchant.
Good for the merchant simply because it save him money. When I was a retailer I would have loved it.:)
Now I'm a consumer who works the credit card rewards etc to my advantage.
As a result, I'm not interested.:(
Now someone will come along and say--Hey, the merchants can now lower their prices. Please wake me when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom