Economic Stimulus Payment Qualification

riskadverse

Full time employment: Posting here.
I just got a notice from the IRS about the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008. I'm trying to determine if I will be eligible for the payment. I have no "earned income" in the traditional definition, but I did do a conversion of an IRA to a Roth IRA in excess of $3000 last year for which I will have to pay taxes on my 2007 return. Any tax knowledgeable persons out there know if I qualify for the payment? TIA

I just got a notice from the IRS about the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008. I'm trying to determine if I will be eligible for the payment. I have no "earned income" in the traditional definition, but I did do a conversion of an IRA to a Roth IRA in excess of $3000 last year for which I will have to pay taxes on my 2007 return. Any tax knowledgeable persons out there know if I qualify for the payment? TIA
RA, somewhat off subject, but what's up with your 'byline'? Why is SD hell on earth? Just curious. :confused:

Thanks for the link Uncle Honey - plugging in bogus numbers, it looks like I won't qualify. The stimulus package is even worse than I thought. My opinion of the government is at an all time low.

Concerning the "San Diego Hell on Earth" (club) - they were an unorganized group here in the 70's whose purpose was to stem the tide of new residents. They unsuccessfully tried to point out all the problems (real and imagined) in hopes of keeping San Diego a quiet little backwater town. All you needed to do to join the club was to help perpetuate the idea that San Diego was not a good place to live.

Concerning the "San Diego Hell on Earth" (club) - they were an unorganized group here in the 70's whose purpose was to stem the tide of new residents. They unsuccessfully tried to point out all the problems (real and imagined) in hopes of keeping San Diego a quiet little backwater town. All you needed to do to join the club was to help perpetuate the idea that San Diego was not a good place to live.
:2funny::2funny::2funny: Good idea, but don't think it's working. I was in 'Hell' a few times and think it's a wonderful place. But just to help you out, I will not move there.

yep, the people most likely to spend it on something they wouldnt have bought normally namely higher income earners arent even getting it. 80% will either go to pay bills or stay in the bank doing us no good. what a political joke , smoke and mirrors is all it is

Have fun spending our money... we do not qualify. :'(

Concerning the "San Diego Hell on Earth" (club) - they were an unorganized group here in the 70's whose purpose was to stem the tide of new residents. All you needed to do to join the club was to help perpetuate the idea that San Diego was not a good place to live.
San Diego was #1 on DW and my retirement list due to weather and sailing community. But once we saw the cost of housing and more recent solvency/political issues, it's permanently off our list. So your group was successful with us too...

San Diego was #1 on DW and my retirement list due to weather and sailing community. But once we saw the cost of housing and more recent solvency/political issues, it's permanently off our list. So your group was successful with us too...
I lived in San Diego from 1977-1984. Oddly, it was my least favorite of the many places where I have lived, even if the cost of housing is not considered. I was SO glad to finally get out of there, and never looked back.

I lived in San Diego from 1977-1984. Oddly, it was my least favorite of the many places where I have lived, even if the cost of housing is not considered. I was SO glad to finally get out of there, and never looked back.

I see that you are still an active member in "San Diego Hell on Earth" (club)

:D

I love it. That reminds me of the Vikings naming Iceland (pretty nice place) and Greenland (not so nice place) so others would go to Greenland. ;)

Lesser Seattle is people trying to keep our city from being Californicated.

Back
Top Bottom