Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-23-2021, 05:00 PM   #101
Recycles dryer sheets

I e-filed Fed and State on 2/15/21 and both were accepted within hours.

Fed refund will be deposited tomorrow. No update on state refund yet.
Born2Fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2021, 05:35 PM   #102
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Fish View Post
I e-filed Fed and State on 2/15/21 and both were accepted within hours.

Fed refund will be deposited tomorrow. No update on state refund yet.
The problem was with Form 1116, if you don’t use it you shouldn’t have any issues...

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 30% bonds / 20% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:41 PM   #103
Full time employment: Posting here.

My son got a confirmation almost immediately. Tax Act.

I brought our documents to the CPA last week but havenít even heard back as of yet. Last year he did ours in like one day. I guess this year he must be busier.
meleana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:10 PM   #104
Recycles dryer sheets

FEDERAL Tax only - Turbo Tax Deluxe

I E-filed on Friday, Feb. 12th, I was notified Sat. Feb. 13th @ 6:33 am via Text Msg that it was accepted. I found my tax return in my bank account today, Feb. 23.

I'll mail my state tax in, coz "I Owe, I Owe, so it's off to spend I go"
The HalfBreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:21 PM   #105

I filed paper early, sent it in the mail in late January. Just last week when I used their "Where's my refund" page, it said they hadn't received my return yet, so I was a bit worried because I got a corrected 1099R (for payer id number). Today the refund posted to my account. Woohoo!
Old 02-23-2021, 06:44 PM   #106
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HalfBreed View Post
FEDERAL Tax only - Turbo Tax Deluxe

I E-filed on Friday, Feb. 12th, I was notified Sat. Feb. 13th @ 6:33 am via Text Msg that it was accepted. I found my tax return in my bank account today, Feb. 23.
I e-filed on the 12th using H&R Block software. It was accepted that day. Refund showed up today.

I had coincidentally last night (late) check the IRS site on refund status and it said the return had been received but was still processing. So I was surprised a few hours later to see the refund was received.
Katsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:24 PM   #107
Recycles dryer sheets

I e filed on Sunday through the H&R Block software and it was accepted within hours.
jldavid47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:10 PM   #108
Give me a forum ...

It's not even March yet. I haven't loaded the disk. Maybe next week.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:40 PM   #109
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeow View Post
I e-filed on the 12th using H&R Block software. It was accepted that day. Refund showed up today.

I had coincidentally last night (late) check the IRS site on refund status and it said the return had been received but was still processing. So I was surprised a few hours later to see the refund was received.
The where's my refund tool is notoriously out of date. My return deposited in my bank this morning, but the tool still has me "Return Received". It probably wont change for days.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:10 PM   #110

I completed our business taxes and issued 1099MISC for our 6 independent contractors in January.

I then e-filed our federal personal tax on 13 Feb because COVID19 kept me at home.

Today, 23 Feb, I was surprised that the IRS direct deposit my tax refund!

Last year it took 3 weeks for my IRS direct deposit but I filed on 28 Feb.
2177V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:08 AM   #111
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meleana View Post
I brought our documents to the CPA last week but havenít even heard back as of yet. Last year he did ours in like one day. I guess this year he must be busier.
With all of the tax law changes and personal financial challenges in 2020, both induced by coronavirus, I'd bet a lot more people are going to paid preparers this year than most.

Also, the free AARP Foundation Tax Aide program (and if there are others like it) can't serve as many people, again due to the way they have to do things this season. So those people probably will go to paid preparers as well; most wouldn't feel comfortable doing it themselves or with TT or similar.
"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may in fact be the first steps of a journey." Violet Baudelaire.
SecondCor521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:20 AM   #112
Recycles dryer sheets

Federal refund was deposited in my account last night.
aboatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:31 AM   #113
Give me a forum ...

My Federal return was deposited yesterday. My state took 8 days to accept the efile so no refund from them yet.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:56 AM   #114
Recycles dryer sheets

I e-filed with TT on February 6. Accepted by IRS on February 11 (1 day ahead of their ‘open for filing’ date). We received our direct deposit refund on the 17th... fastest yet, I believe. Personally, I’m paranoid of identity theft scammers, so I like to file on the early side.
Iím doing better than I deserve!
Miarocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:48 AM   #115

Same as others here. Used my free version of TT Deluxe from Fidelity in first week of Feb and it was auto filed on the 12th, along with my state. Fed refund of $2k was deposited on the 23rd, virtually all of it due to stimulus checks we didn’t get. I was worried about getting anything because I had to file a 1040x for 2018 because I never got a certain form from when I sold my house. First time I ever sold a house for over $500k, and it was a cash sale where the buyers attorney handled the closing financials and apparently never sent me some form. They kicked it back on a computer audit end of last year saying that there records show the sale was income, and I owed them $260k in taxes, interest & penalties!! So her attorney screwed up something and I had to file a 1040x proving it was the sale of my primary residence etc, and not income. IRS is WAY behind on paper filings (which a 2018 1040x has to be paper) and though they showed it received it has not been processed and will not for a few months. IRS often keeps refunds if they show money owed on previous years.
Perryinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:09 PM   #116
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden sunsets View Post
I emailed my deceased mother's return to the IRS at 11.41am this morning and received notice that it had been accepted at 11:45.
Got DM's refund today (about 10 days), which equaled the second stimulus payment, which for some reason did not automatically deposit to her checking account, like her first stimulus payment.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:21 PM   #117
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
TT confirmed I eFiled at 2:48pm, and the IRS accepted at 3:27. I compared my 2/12 and 2/19 Form 1116 side by side - identical, so nothing apparent. Iíll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was something in the transmission coding that I canít see (if anything). All I know is my return was accepted quickly this time.
I filed my aunt and uncle's return at 3:31pm today and it was accepted at 3:58pm.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:18 PM   #118
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

E-filed with TT 2/19/21, accepted right away, refund showed in checking account today ---- 4 business days later. FAST
gayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:57 PM   #119
Give me a forum ...

I e-filed about an hour ago, and it has already been accepted by IRS.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:08 AM   #120
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
I guess we'll wait a while. Form 2210 is not ready for filing yet any - TT says it will be updated 2/25.

From reading the Booglehead thread, sounds like the issue is at TT. Or the eFile is not getting to the IRS, but it may be the IRS not accepting from 1116 at the moment, so may take a while to resolve.

We've eFiled form 1116 in most prior years with TT and no problems. Something new popped up this year!
Even though Form 2210 is available now, we noticed a bug in the form 2210AI section and DH reported it. The previous version (before the update) probably also had a bug. It's related to the IRS saying to leave column b blank due to the 7/15 deadline for both Q1 and Q2 estimated tax payments, but that seems to cause any overpayment to not be carried from column a to c. This time we noticed we weren't given full credit for the taxes paid for Q2.

Intuit sent DH a link to here describing a known issue, and he had to sign up to be notified of resolution: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/ta...myKEPpo8PATK7c