Join Early Retirement Today

eMoney "tracker"
Old 08-06-2022, 05:56 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

eMoney "tracker"

Anyone use eMoney software?
I finished inputting all our data into eMoney and now I'm supposed to submit our "eMoney tracker". What the heck is the eMoney "tracker"? I've Googled and didn't find any info. Our planner said, "At the end of the tracker, after you go through each area, you should be able to enter your email address and then hit submit." He's on vacation and it's the weekend so I don't want to email him again right now, but I just want to get this over with. I would think any report could be a tracker. Expense tracker, investment tracker, etc.

Any advice is appreciated.
Kayzmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2022, 06:01 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Search results for that show foreign links and a few in English. The English links are youtube and FB. No thanks, I'm not going there! My spider senses are tingling.
target2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 06:43 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

So it was your Financial Advisor who wishes you to do this?

-gauss
gauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:17 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Are you talking about this?

https://emoneyadvisor.com/
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 08:36 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
Are you talking about this?

https://emoneyadvisor.com/
yes
Old 08-06-2022, 08:38 AM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauss View Post

-gauss
yes
Old 08-06-2022, 08:39 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

It looks like a collaboration software that allows you and your advisor to talk about your money better. Kind of like giving an associated person access to see your brokerage account.

I am not familiar with it to give you anymore advice, but I don’t think it’s a bad thing. It’s just a tool.

As with anything financial, implement transfer lockdown, 2FA, transaction notifications and lock down your credit. Then sign up for credit monitoring and you should be OK.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:49 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayzmum View Post
... Any advice is appreciated.
WADR, chill. There is no minute-by-minute urgency to this. Let your advisor solve the problem when they get back to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauss View Post
From their web site it appears that eMoney is a service sold to advisors for use with clients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by target2019 View Post
Search results for that show foreign links and a few in English. The English links are youtube and FB. No thanks, I'm not going there! My spider senses are tingling.
That would be my initial reaction, too, but the eMoney web site lists some pretty impressive customer counts. If true ...
Old 08-06-2022, 08:55 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by target2019 View Post
The eMoney site I linked to above was the first result. I don’t see what your search turned up. I see reviews of the tool, LinkedIn links, etc.
Seems legit to me.
https://www.g2.com/products/emoney/reviews
Old 08-06-2022, 03:24 PM   #10
Dryer sheet wannabe

It's interesting that your advisor is having you input your data into eMoney. Most AUM fee-based advisors will have you fill out their forms and input the data themselves (so you don't see behind the curtain). I use eMoney in conjunction with a low-cost advisor. I also had to input all my own data. But the tracker used by my advisor was proprietary and not part of eMoney (if I recall correctly). It simply kept him up to date on my progress and let him know when I was done so we could schedule a conference call. Maybe that's the case with your advisor? FYI, I really like eMoney, especially the numerous reports.
creekstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 04:42 AM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekstone View Post
It's interesting that your advisor is having you input your data into eMoney. Most AUM fee-based advisors will have you fill out their forms and input the data themselves (so you don't see behind the curtain). I use eMoney in conjunction with a low-cost advisor. I also had to input all my own data. But the tracker used by my advisor was proprietary and not part of eMoney (if I recall correctly). It simply kept him up to date on my progress and let him know when I was done so we could schedule a conference call. Maybe that's the case with your advisor? FYI, I really like eMoney, especially the numerous reports.
Creekstone ~~ Yes, this is what I'm doing and your reply helped me figure it out. The tracker is proprietary and was in an email my advisor sent me. Thank you!!
Old 08-08-2022, 06:24 AM   #12

I've been using e-Money for over 2 years. Its a great tool and as others have noted here, it is for Advisors to use with their clients. Anytime I have an issue with adding an asset or an account not updating, I reach out to my FA for assistance to input or update the account. Whenever we meet with our FA they have access to all of our accounts most recent balances.
Coincidently, the CEO of the firm that manages e-Money is a long time friend of mine. We've discussed the platform and how it was developed as a secure "consolidator" of financial information from MULTIPLE institutions. That's all it does. It is very secure and it works well.
Luvtoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:55 AM   #13

^^ Small world, eh?
gauss is offline   Reply With Quote