eMoney "tracker"

Kayzmum

Recycles dryer sheets
Anyone use eMoney software?
I finished inputting all our data into eMoney and now I'm supposed to submit our "eMoney tracker". What the heck is the eMoney "tracker"? :facepalm: I've Googled and didn't find any info. Our planner said, "At the end of the tracker, after you go through each area, you should be able to enter your email address and then hit submit." He's on vacation and it's the weekend so I don't want to email him again right now, but I just want to get this over with. I would think any report could be a tracker. Expense tracker, investment tracker, etc.

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
Search results for that show foreign links and a few in English. The English links are youtube and FB. No thanks, I'm not going there! My spider senses are tingling.

So it was your Financial Advisor who wishes you to do this?

-gauss

It looks like a collaboration software that allows you and your advisor to talk about your money better. Kind of like giving an associated person access to see your brokerage account.

I am not familiar with it to give you anymore advice, but I don’t think it’s a bad thing. It’s just a tool.

As with anything financial, implement transfer lockdown, 2FA, transaction notifications and lock down your credit. Then sign up for credit monitoring and you should be OK.

Last edited:
... Any advice is appreciated.
WADR, chill. There is no minute-by-minute urgency to this. Let your advisor solve the problem when they get back to work.

So it was your Financial Advisor who wishes you to do this?
From their web site it appears that eMoney is a service sold to advisors for use with clients.

Search results for that show foreign links and a few in English. The English links are youtube and FB. No thanks, I'm not going there! My spider senses are tingling.
That would be my initial reaction, too, but the eMoney web site lists some pretty impressive customer counts. If true ...

The eMoney site I linked to above was the first result. I don’t see what your search turned up. I see reviews of the tool, LinkedIn links, etc.
Seems legit to me.
https://www.g2.com/products/emoney/reviews

Last edited:
It's interesting that your advisor is having you input your data into eMoney. Most AUM fee-based advisors will have you fill out their forms and input the data themselves (so you don't see behind the curtain). I use eMoney in conjunction with a low-cost advisor. I also had to input all my own data. But the tracker used by my advisor was proprietary and not part of eMoney (if I recall correctly). It simply kept him up to date on my progress and let him know when I was done so we could schedule a conference call. Maybe that's the case with your advisor? FYI, I really like eMoney, especially the numerous reports.

Last edited:
It's interesting that your advisor is having you input your data into eMoney. Most AUM fee-based advisors will have you fill out their forms and input the data themselves (so you don't see behind the curtain). I use eMoney in conjunction with a low-cost advisor. I also had to input all my own data. But the tracker used by my advisor was proprietary and not part of eMoney (if I recall correctly). It simply kept him up to date on my progress and let him know when I was done so we could schedule a conference call. Maybe that's the case with your advisor? FYI, I really like eMoney, especially the numerous reports.

Creekstone ~~ Yes, this is what I'm doing and your reply helped me figure it out. The tracker is proprietary and was in an email my advisor sent me. Thank you!!

I've been using e-Money for over 2 years. Its a great tool and as others have noted here, it is for Advisors to use with their clients. Anytime I have an issue with adding an asset or an account not updating, I reach out to my FA for assistance to input or update the account. Whenever we meet with our FA they have access to all of our accounts most recent balances.
Coincidently, the CEO of the firm that manages e-Money is a long time friend of mine. We've discussed the platform and how it was developed as a secure "consolidator" of financial information from MULTIPLE institutions. That's all it does. It is very secure and it works well.

Back
Top Bottom