ER insurance adjustments

nun

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just tweaked my insurance.

Home insurance deductible increased to $1000 saved me $100 on annual premium.

Canceling auto comprehensive collision saved me $250/year. The car is 7 years old with $135k on the clock.

Bought $2M umbrella policy for $235/year

Bought dental insurance for $27/month and cadillac health for $430/month. If
I need to cut costs I can always go to an ACA plan that will cost ~$200/month after subsidy.

....The car is 7 years old with $135k on the clock....

Why don't you put your money in the bank like the rest of us? That said, I would never think to look for cash on the clock.

I felt it was more cost effective for us to self insure on dental.

Why don't you put your money in the bank like the rest of us? That said, I would never think to look for cash on the clock.

I felt it was more cost effective for us to self insure on dental.

At $325 a year that's not much more than a couple of cleanings will cost and as I know more crowns are in my future I would not go without dental insurance.

Allstate just quoted me $500 for $2M umbrella. We have two homes, 3 cars insured with them - although not sure that enters into pricing? How did you get such a good price?

Deb

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Allstate just quoted me $500 for $2M umbrella. We have two homes, 3 cars insured with them - although not sure that enters into pricing? How did you get such a good price?

Deb

I went through my agent. I have my home, auto and umbrella with Vermont Mutual.

We have started tweaking our insurance as well. We've been going over every expense with a fine tooth comb. We dropped disability and life insurance, and upped the deductibles on the cars and home. I think that saved around $4K a year so far.

Next up price shopping auto / home / umbrella. I used an online calculator and USAA came out $1.4K cheaper on car insurance alone (college age kids on policy).

I think our portion of our ACA premiums will end up being $49 a month for a Bronze policy but it depends on how low we can keep our MAGI for this year.

Deb

2 cars, 1 truck (all > 10 years old) and a Harley, $250k liability required for all, $422, State Farm.

The house didn't matter.

2 cars, 1 truck (all > 10 years old) and a Harley, $250k liability required for all, $422, State Farm.

The house didn't matter.

I had to erase my auto liability to 250k/500k for the umbrella insurance....that cost me $30

Back
Top Bottom