Estate Question

Man, I step away from the computer for 18 hours and the thread goes berserk! :LOL:

:) If you want to see berserk, you should just start questioning if the Estate Tax (call it Death Tax for extra special 'fun') should be eliminated because we ought to get to keep the money we earned in our lifetime that was already taxed and we should be able do with it what we wish, without 'penalty'. :ROFLMAO:

Oh my, I think Martha swore off those discussions a while back, and I'm not up to the task right now either. But it would certainly add some 'berserk-edness' to the thread!

-ERD50

I am just trying to get him some basic advice. Before he goes to the pros. He will not be going to heaven this year I am guessing so 2010 it out. If the estate tax goes back to 1 million and a tax of 55% will a trust help him any? The insurance idea is a good one.

Could this perhaps be above your pay grade?

One question are any of the kids still in college, one can pay tuition directly to the school in addition to the gift limits. So some kids could go to Harvard or other top private school if qualified, and it would get around the gift limit.

Could this perhaps be above your pay grade?

Sure it is but I love helping people. I have also learned a lot. This forum and Bogleheads are the best forums on the net. My pay grade is 0 so I guess I am a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom