Join Early Retirement Today

ETrade Beneficiaries and Service Issues anyone else?
Old 01-15-2021, 06:03 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

ETrade Beneficiaries and Service Issues anyone else?

Hi there! I'm on a 60 minute chat bot hold with E Trade. This is the second time I've tried to get through to a CSR on chat. After 3 secure email messages with a question about beneficiary naming. Their responses to my simple email question made absolutely no sense. One was just a bot generated response.

So two questions:
1. anyone else here having service issues with E Trade? (;Cause I'm thinking I need to switch)
2. anyone else having trouble naming beneficiaries to their stock account at E Trade? It seems I am unable to, even though they keep sending me alerts "you don't have a named beneficiary!" --

Thanks!
Lstansbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2021, 06:30 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstansbury View Post
Hi there! I'm on a 60 minute chat bot hold with E Trade. This is the second time I've tried to get through to a CSR on chat. After 3 secure email messages with a question about beneficiary naming. Their responses to my simple email question made absolutely no sense. One was just a bot generated response.

So two questions:
1. anyone else here having service issues with E Trade? (;Cause I'm thinking I need to switch)
2. anyone else having trouble naming beneficiaries to their stock account at E Trade? It seems I am unable to, even though they keep sending me alerts "you don't have a named beneficiary!" --

Thanks!
I found it to be very smooth. You do a form for taxable accounts. For IRAs it is all electronic.

What trouble are you having?
Montecfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:21 AM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Hi Montecfo -- I am getting a message that my account isn't eligible for naming a beneficiary. So the interface for adding one is greyed out.
Update: with E Trade and Service
Old 01-15-2021, 07:34 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Update: with E Trade and Service

Chat bot sent me a beneficiary form to fill out. So the problem isn't solved via their online portal, but at least I got the paperwork.

Now the question is still about ETrade and Service. Sounds like at least one person has great service experience. It might just be me running into an odd issue. Anyone else with E Trade who Loves/Hates it?

My mom's estate left me with a few stocks and I'm pretty much a newbie at this individual stock account deal. All other stocks have been in 401Ks at Vanguard or employer 401K service providers.

Thanks!