(expense ratio ) fees for tax year on vanguard site?

mh

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Is there a place on the vanguard web site where you can see the expenses incurred by the expense ratios etc.. of the funds you hold in vanguard for a (tax) year ?

I looked around a bit, but i didn't find an easy way to determine this. Maybe i missed it somewhere :(

Last edited:
I would be interested in also knowing about Fidelity. I also looked at Vanguard and Fidelity both and couldn't find anything that says the expense ratio total expenses.

All mutual funds publish their expense ratio in their annual reports and show that on their web site. Since the fiscal year for a fund is usually not the calendar (tax) year, the answer to your question is No.

But I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Since with Vanguard and other no-load mutual funds, one does not pay a separate fee. The expense ratio (costs) are silently taken out of dividends and the cash that is always sloshing around in accounts used by the managers of the mutual fund.

In the Vanguard Portfolio Watch tool, Vanguard will show the weighted average expense ratio that your expense ratios are costing you annually, but take that number with a grain a salt. You can multiply that number by the total dollar amount that Port Watch sees to get a dollar amount:
OtebPCu.png

Last edited:
I would be interested in also knowing about Fidelity. I also looked at Vanguard and Fidelity both and couldn't find anything that says the expense ratio total expenses.

The online fund overviews always give the ERs, as does the Morningstar quote sheet for a given fund. These are total.

Maybe on the Fidelity site you have to press the “fees and....” tab.

Here is one link that I found. Of course, it is an advertising piece by Fidelity, so all of the Fidelity Expense ratios are less than Vanguard. https://www.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/investing-ideas/index-funds

There may be some other account fees that would figure into the 'expense ratio total expenses'.

They are lower.... interesting....

I wonder how they compare to returns? You can hover over the Fidelity and their info pops up, but not the Vanguard funds....

They are lower.... interesting....

I wonder how they compare to returns? You can hover over the Fidelity and their info pops up, but not the Vanguard funds....

There are a couple things that I don't know. Is that list comparing apples to apples? And, as asked, how closely do they track each other?

If we think about the basic funds used to construct the 'lazy' or the 'couch potato' portfolios, are all of those basic funds listed?

At the end of the day, a difference in expense ratio of 0.005% is just noise.

There are a couple things that I don't know. Is that list comparing apples to apples? And, as asked, how closely do they track each other?

If we think about the basic funds used to construct the 'lazy' or the 'couch potato' portfolios, are all of those basic funds listed?

At the end of the day, a difference in expense ratio of 0.005% is just noise.

Agree with that.... but some of these listed are still high compared to ETFs....

Back
Top Bottom