Experience with State Farm?

When I was doing my research on alternative insurance providers, I used their websites to get the results of their pricing. One is particular was much higher than I was already paying so they were immediately crossed off my list. Later one of their agents sent me a message to call them because they could lower the rates. Sorry, I don't play that game. Give me your best shot up front or I'm moving on, period. Besides their quote was so much higher that even trying to nickel and dime it down, likely lowering my coverage, wasn't going to help me in the least.

i actually called them yesterday

We were with State Farm for over 20 years. Then the auto insurance rate went up 50% in 2017. I called the agent who said there was nothing that they could do about it. We went to AAA and the coverage was better (home, auto and umbrella) and it cost us 50% less than State Farm's rate. It's a no brainer that we switched. Then we got crappy customer service and toughed it out for 3 years. Thank goodness we did not need to file a claim during that time. We got tired of their poor customer service and called Travelers Their rates were about 10% lower than AAA but regardless, we were going to get away from AAA. Today we still have Travelers and it has been about 3 years.

I had periodically called and shopped at other insurance companies including Liberty Mutual, Geico and American Family. Their rates were much higher than whatever we had at that point in time.

Now we keep getting mailers from State Farm to come back because their rates have dropped. They didn't want to keep us when they increased their rates and we are not going back now.

We were with State Farm for over 20 years. Then the auto insurance rate went up 50% in 2017. I called the agent who said there was nothing that they could do about it.

Same thing happened to us a few years before that. We had a great agent and local office but their hands were tied. Never been back to them and whenever I ask for a quote they are always much higher. Looks like they don't want the business even with folks who have spotless driving records, never have had a claim on homeowners or umbrella, and live in a safe area. If not us who do they want?

Back
Top Bottom