FA After One Year - 2019 Update

My situation is a little easier to monitor as I have my equities and my bonds at different firms. So the equities are real easy to compare with market. The bonds are all CA munis and don't move at lot just generate tax free cash.

I do pay the fee, but I'm not in any "high expense front end load funds", in fact I'm in no funds at all, just individual equities picked by the FA and his team. He trades a lot but I don't pay trading fees. I have people to talk to and meet with that know my name and voice. I have zero fear that my account will get hacked as I can't even access my account directly, all transfers are manually done by the broker. And they signed me up for a half million line of credit at no charge.

Yeah I know I'm paying a big fee, I see how much each month and the year end total. But they've make the benchmark for 5 years straight now including the fees, so I'm not really paying anything as I see it. But if say after spending fifteen grand for his fees and only making two thirds of benchmark started happening then I would be looking at low cost index funds somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom