Falling home prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBPu, apology accepted. You did have me re-reading my comments and questioning myself there for a while. Want2retire and donheff, thanks for your posts.

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but please feel free to continue with your popcorn.

I'm going to do what I should have done earlier today, which is refrain from getting involved in this sausage making contest. Please continue where you left off...

Honobob

This wasn't same property sale, and a small sample to boot, but i have highlighted an earlier post of mine:

Ah. To quote a regional real estate report put out by Hendrick & Partners "while Oregon has escaped much of the lending crisis, the number of foreclosures rose sharply in the third 1/4 of 2007. In Marion and Polk counties the number of foreclosures increased 28.6% and 84% respectively year-over-year, compared with the same 1/4 in 2006. ... signifigant for the local apartment market in that those who are forced out of their homes may have to turn to an already tight apartment market. If such is the case, apartment owners will continue to exert pricing power". Third 1/4 vacancy rates 2007 of 0.8%-3.6% vs. 2006 third 1/4 rates of 1.3% -6.9%.

Think i'm seeing this - as lower rent people lose their jobs and move on down the road our units are filling really fast for more rent with people with better furniture. So as a landlord, things are looking financially rosy. Hendricks reports 7 2007 third 1/4 sales at $51,722/unit versus 11 third 1/4 2006 sales at $57,457 per unit. Still want to downsize our number of units but just because i'm tiring of doing the landlord thing.

Now it may be that they sold higher dollar units in 2006 versus 2007, but on the face of it it sure looks like they made 2/3 of the number of sales at a price-per-unit of 90% of the 2006 price. No axe to grind either way - hoping to make a sale or two in 2007, so i'm looking for the right buyer and hoping to get a fair dinkum amount of cash from the properties, but we'll see - looking to do a 1031 on one of them, so in a way i hope some sellers panic and i can buy at a price that makes me happy.

Want2Retire, so it's fine with you to use "Hitler" comments cause you and CFB think it's OK and fun? And that is a question not an accusation. Is n---

Ugh. My head hurts reading the last two pages of this thread. :p What happened to the old days when threads turned into pics of naked Kathy Bates and thong wearing rhinos?

ReWahoo, for real. I'm at fault here because a couple of posters admit they like to reference Hitler in their fun times? I'm wondering what, why. Any idea why they enjoy that? Maybe I just focus too much on the denial. BTW, there is a "probably" fake museum in DC in case this gets me banned.

ReWahoo, for real. I'm at fault here because a couple of posters admit they like to reference Hitler in their fun times? I'm wondering what, why. Any idea why they enjoy that? Maybe I just focus too much on the denial. BTW, there is a "probably" fake museum in DC in case this gets me banned.

I've seen no one say you were "at fault" for anything. I wanted you to see the Godwin's Law reference to understand the context of the mention of Hitler and Nazis on this or any other of the thousands of threads on this forum. Do a search on those names and you'll come up with many instances where they were invoked in an effort to point out a thread had gone on much too long and degenerated to the point of absurdity. Like this thread.

OK. Time out. This thread has just committed suicide. Everyone take a deep breath and think about asset allocation or something. I'm locking it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom