Fidelity 1099 now available

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
They said it would be ready the 16th. I just downloaded it and will sit down tomorrow to do a first draft and see what our ‘18 taxes look like.

Mine were available 1/26. Am I missing something? I just looked and there is nothing new waiting for me.

Lucky you. Did you file yet?

No. Late next week I meet with our accountant.
So it sounds like Fido sends 1099's out a different times??

Mine were available 1/26. Am I missing something? I just looked and there is nothing new waiting for me.

Mine were available the 26th too. Filed last week.

No. Late next week I meet with our accountant.
So it sounds like Fido sends 1099's out a different times??
Yes, different times, depending on holdings. We have a couple of non-Fido mutual funds

They did better this year. In the past they’ve missed their dates.

Fidelity had posted a message to my account about my 1099 being ready on 2/16 due to a specific ETF fund in my brokerage account. The message concerning my 1099 had been posted there for awhile (since mid January maybe). Yesterday morning, I was able to import the 1099 info directly into TT.

Fidelity had posted a message to my account about my 1099 being ready on 2/16 due to a specific ETF fund in my brokerage account. The message concerning my 1099 had been posted there for awhile (since mid January maybe). Yesterday morning, I was able to import the 1099 info directly into TT.

I had this same message, but when I checked yesterday, the available date was pushed to 3/2 with the issue being that Vanguard has not provided info for VNQ. I really do not understand how gov't allows Vanguard (possibly others) to repeatedly have delayed tax reporting.

This just shows that different brokerages and will do different things for different clients with different investments.

At both Fidelity and Vanguard, I made no trades and have no investments that paid foreign taxes, so I got my 1099-DIVs back in January.

For TDAmeritrade, I made no trades, but have investments that paid foreign taxes, so I got my 1099-DIV last week.

For WellsTrade, I made trades, have investments that paid foreign taxes, and got my 1099-B, 1099-DIV back in January. This is pretty typical with WellsTrade always providing the first and correct 1099s each year.

I owe a lot of taxes this year thanks to the new tax laws, so I will file for an extension with a payment in April. Then I will file my return next October.

I had this same message, but when I checked yesterday, the available date was pushed to 3/2 with the issue being that Vanguard has not provided info for VNQ. I really do not understand how gov't allows Vanguard (possibly others) to repeatedly have delayed tax reporting.

Mine was just recently pushed to 3/2 as well. When I click the "Why?" link, I get this:

Your account is still pending final tax information

To provide you with accurate data, we need to make sure we have received all relevant tax information on this account before finalizing your form. We'll email you as soon as this form becomes available.

We don't own any Fidelity funds, just ETFs from Vanguard, iShares, Schwab, and Wisdom Tree. The previous reason cited Schwab and Wisdom Tree. No mention of Vanguard.

Mine was bumped to 3/2 also and listed one position they were waiting for details. No big deal, I never file until April anyway

Same here, did a first pass on taxes but won't file until probably end of March or first week of Aril. The reason is fear of getting a revised 1099 and my distaste for doing an amended return.

The government creates the issues. The change the rules and data format almost every year and they don't staff the phones when development has questions. It's a challenge to get the code changed in time.

Last edited:
3/2 for us too. Annoying as I'm ready for the handoff to the tax man.

My Fido 1099 came out on 2/2. My (snake-bit) friend's Fido 1099 came out on 1/26. What was odd was that his 1099 is a lot more complicated than mine. I have 3 mutual funds, all domestic (2 bond, 1 stock) and all Fido funds. His is very complicated, with 10 mutual funds (6 Fido, 4 non-Fido), 11 individual stocks, 1 bond, and 1 cash account. His 1099 includes foreign tax paid and has some unrecaptured 1250 gain (what a PITA to work that into his taxes!).

The only reason I can think of which would explain his getting the 1099 first, before mine, is that he has an actual brokerage account while I have an older mutual fund account (no cash account). Maybe Fido does the brokerage accounts first, then the mutual fund accounts?

Got mine early too. What surprised me more is that my Schwab 1099 came through. Got everything entered into TT and just waiting a day to go back and do my checking. Should have it sent in in a couple days.

We have VNQ in our portfolio at Fido and also got pushed to 3/2. This is later than last year--Vanguard seems to have issues in getting all the K-1's from its portfolio in time to complete their report.
I was going to move our REIT to non tax accounts but have too much cap gains to take this year (first year with RMDs). We are moving in 2019 to a CCRC which will provide some serious medical deductions (percent of entry and monthly fee) are considered medical expenses. Hopefully that will give us enough headroom to move the position,

We're at 3/2 as well, with VNQ. That has been the problem in the past as well.

Does anyone know why preliminary reports are not available this year? The one account with a 3/2 date is grayed out. Past years, they provided a preliminary report. I have an email in to the rep, however, won't hear back until Tues.

We are told to check back on 3/2. They are waiting on a Third Avenue Value fund.

I got mine yesterday. They were waiting on info for a preferred stock. This is the first year I had to wait so long for it.

Just got an email from Fidelity with a new date of "on or before March 8." But there is now a preliminary 1099 available. They're blaming Schwab for the additional delay. Yet all the data is there for the Schwab ETF we own. I guess they're just still confirming?

Checked Fidelity, not finalized but got a preliminary copy, awaiting info for one preferred stock to be finalized.

Ditto here--issue is VNQ not having final results. It appears that any position with a REIT or similar K-1 driven entity can push out the final results. The more K-1's, the longer it takes. It only takes one late K-1 to keep a REIT ETF from finalizing.

Back
Top Bottom