Fidelity Income Management Account?

BillNOVA

Dryer sheet aficionado
Has anyone or is anyone using the Fidelity IMA? What do you think of it and is it worth the time and effort to set up? Or have you heard anything good or bad about it. Or any other ideas you have.

Interesting. I've used pieces of this (their alerts, their Billpay, their retirement planner) but I've never seen it all tied together. I've also never heard of it before, so they must be marketing the heck out of it.

Alerts & Billpay work just fine. The retirement planner is slow with tedious data entry and it seems pretty conservative compared to FIRECalc.

In the past their asset-allocator software has had trouble categorizing some stocks like Berkshire Hathaway, so maybe you'd want to check Fidelity's opinion against some other financial website like M* or Google Finance. And it might get complicated to track your assets held at other institutions, like PenFed CDs. Last time I tried their "Full View" a few years ago, it used to ask for your logins & passwords to those sites. Not the sort of info I cared to share with Fidelity's website contractor.

This seems like it could really be a powerful tool for the guys (and they're almost always guys) who want to have a system in place for their widows.

Back
Top Bottom