Join Early Retirement Today

Fidelity IRA Match
Old 06-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Fidelity IRA Match

Fidelity has a new program whereby they will match your IRA contributions for 3 years if you transfer or roll over set amounts. Under the right circumstances it could be like found money.

Quote:
The match is available to new or existing customers who transfer a Roth, Traditional or Rollover IRA to Fidelity. When this occurs, and an individual makes contributions to their IRA over the next three years, Fidelity will match their annual contribution up to 10 percent. Direct rollovers from a 401(k) or 403(b) plan are not eligible. So, for example, if a customer transfers $500,000, he or she will earn 10 percent on future contributions. If a contribution of $5,500 is made in the first year, that customer will receive a $550 match.
https://www.fidelity.com/about-fidel...uces-ira-match
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2015, 04:36 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

How much will you pay in additional fees for that $500K rollover? Vanguard Admiral is around 0.05 ER. How about Fidelity Spartan?
hnzw_rui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

I found that Fidelity's S&P 500 index fund fees were infinitesimally lower than Vanguard's.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:38 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Maybe they read the negative comments on another thread today and decided they had to do something!
Old 06-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

I was a Fidelity client for about 30 years and received excellent service. Switched to Vanguard to get Wellington & Wellesley funds but am not thrilled with their customer service. Guess there is no heaven on earth. I am open to returning to Fidelity.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:44 PM   #6
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat View Post
I found that Fidelity's S&P 500 index fund fees were infinitesimally lower than Vanguard's.
Can you give as a tickers of 2 ETFs. (Fidelity and Vanguard)

You may be drinking too much Fidelity kool-aid

I think cheapest is Schwab (not counting Institutional rates that one gets in 401ks and which you can NOT buy on open market)
eta2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #7
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat View Post
I was a Fidelity client for about 30 years and received excellent service. Switched to Vanguard to get Wellington & Wellesley funds but am not thrilled with their customer service. Guess there is no heaven on earth. I am open to returning to Fidelity.
Switch to E*Trade If you have 1 million plus you will be happy with them.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:21 PM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Last month because of a corporate merger my 401k was about to be switched from Fidelity's custody to Vanguard's. Fidelity paid me $1200 to roll it over into an IRA with them. I'll have to see if I can still finagle the 10% bump on future contributions.
Mr._Graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #9
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Graybeard View Post
Last month because of a corporate merger my 401k was about to be switched from Fidelity's custody to Vanguard's. Fidelity paid me $1200 to roll it over into an IRA with them. I'll have to see if I can still finagle the 10% bump on future contributions.
Congratulation... You will NOT get institutional rate of 2 bases point on S&P 500 index since only 401k can get that.

Also if you get sued you may loose your IRA depending on which state you live in. Moving money from 401k to IRA was a great decision
Old 06-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #10
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta2020 View Post
Congratulation... You will NOT get institutional rate of 2 bases point on S&P 500 index since only 401k can get that.

Also if you get sued you may loose your IRA depending on which state you live in. Moving money from 401k to IRA was a great decision
Oh no! My life is ruined!!

Actually, IRA assets are 100% protected in my state.

Is English your second language?
Mr._Graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #11
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Graybeard View Post
Is English your second language?
No it is not. It is my fourth language