Fidelity is giving away $100 limited time

COcheesehead

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Last edited:
For opening a new account. I thought I had all the accounts at Fidelity I needed, but a cash management account qualifies as well.
Offer good for current Fido customers too.

Check out the link. Super simple to open/fund an account.

https://www.fidelity.com/go/special...3175&msclkid=fc86aa4a731e196f4cfccbe1eddd0d55
Yes I opened 2 myself. One for DW and one for me.
This was brought up in another thread a few weeks ago which is how I first leaned about it. I opened them both with only $50 each:)

I never saw the other thread. When there are good offers like this, I think they deserve their own thread so folks like me can find out easier.

I never saw the other thread. When there are good offers like this, I think they deserve their own thread so folks like me can find out easier.
Wasn't questioning you posting this at all. Just stating how I found out about it myself. I think it is worth repeating!:)

Thanks for the info. I just opened my Cash management account. Easiest $100 I'll make this month (especially the way the markets are going).

Wasn't questioning you posting this at all. Just stating how I found out about it myself. I think it is worth repeating!:)

No, sorry, I wasn’t directing anything derogatory to you, just pointing out how maybe we should break important things out of threads to see the light of day.

Sounds like an easy way to make $100. I could do it but not sure it’s worth the fuss. Not sure if this reply belongs here or in the “Is it ok to be lazy?” post?

Sounds like an easy way to make $100. I could do it but not sure it’s worth the fuss. Not sure if this reply belongs here or in the “Is it ok to be lazy?” post?

LOL. My wife and I flip stuff on eBay all the time. We saw a piece yesterday at a used sporting goods store and we knew we could flip and make $20-$25 on eBay, but we both just felt completely unmotivated.

If one might move their account to Fidelity later and hope to get a better bonus, does getting this $100 bonus work against you? Or does it not matter if you open a cash mgmt account now, and later move an investment account and/or IRA later?

If one might move their account to Fidelity later and hope to get a better bonus, does getting this $100 bonus work against you? Or does it not matter if you open a cash mgmt account now, and later move an investment account and/or IRA later?
It doesn't matter. $100 rarely matters. It if more like a hassle fee they pay us for moving the mouse cursors...

I just did it. Took me about 5 minutes. That's $1200 an hour. ;)

Was aware of the $100 offer. I was looking to move my WF Advisors account since they stripped away self-directed abilities recently. TD ameritrade, Ally and a couple others offer $2500 to $3000 for transferring 2M or more. I already have several Fidelity accounts and received a bonus 6 years ago for rolling over a 401k. I asked our Fidelity private client rep if Fidelity could offer a similar amount as the competition. He referred me to a colleague and they actually did better than anyone - $3500 for the same transfer amount. It sometimes pays to ask, since Fidelity does not advertise those bonuses at present. I actually wanted to split our holdings and spread some risk, but couldn't pass up the offer, so I just did the deal several weeks ago. It only took 3 days to transfer.

I just noticed that once you get the hundred bucks, you have to leave there for 90 days. You can withdraw your initial 50, though.

I signed up, tomorrow I'll fund.

Thanks OP. Signed up just now using the link (no Promo Code asked) and transferred $50. Thank you !!

Thanks, Cheesehead. I opened a Cash Management account and funded it by writing a check to myself and depositing it with the Fidelity mobile app. Pretty easy.

Got this email:

You’re on your way
Thanks for registering for the $100 cash reward. As a reminder, you have up to 15 calendar days to deposit $50 or more to qualify.

You'll receive the $100 cash reward within 25 days after you opened an eligible account.

I did this and got the $100 deposited into my tiny new roth account - my favorite kind of money.

I have a taxable brokerage account at Fidelity (as well as their best in class HSA) and decided to also sign up for their unlimited 2% back visa, rewards to be deposited into taxable brokerage account.

There are various promos for this visa, with typical first few months spending requirements. My chase 5% category activation required visa was getting annoying!

I used to pursue promotions and it was a fun hobby, but now I'm tending to stick with fewer accounts, trying to keep my identity footprint small. If there's a good promo where I already have an account, I'm there!

I already have cash accounts (FDRXX or SPAXX) associated with every HSA, Roth, Rollover and taxable account. I don't think I purposefully added those, they just came when opened those investment accounts. Are these considered "cash management accounts"?

Back
Top Bottom