Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
What happened?

I noticed the Turbotax rebates were no longer offered at Costco today. I'm glad I bought my copy last week.
You may want to ask TurboTaxJames, I believe he works for TurboTax and can give you more insight. I believe it's the sole reason for joining this forum. Looks like someone posted the link on a deals site and didn't restrict access to the link using any Fidelity qualifications. So they pulled all access from everyone. Maybe they'll get it back up w/proper security.

The Costco rebate has nothing to do with this offer.
Dimsumkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsumkid View Post
The Costco rebate has nothing to do with this offer.
Oh I know - (i assume) it was coincidental that it disappeared at about the same time. I was just pointing out alternative deals.

Quote:
You may want to ask TurboTaxJames, I believe he works for TurboTax and can give you more insight. I believe it's the sole reason for joining this forum. Looks like someone posted the link on a deals site and didn't restrict access to the link using any Fidelity qualifications. So they pulled all access from everyone. Maybe they'll get it back up w/proper security.
Interesting - thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I pulled the link from a deals website. TurboTaxJames also posted there with the same or similar message as here.

I figured the offer was account specific or at least tied to some asset level or trading activity, since you had to log in to Fidelity to get the offer at TT. Guess not.

Fidelity promised to comp me the $50 turbotax charges for federal filing, after a brief online chat with a CSR.

Any way a Mod can edit the title to reflect the deal is dead?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
Any way a Mod can edit the title to reflect the deal is dead?
This deal is definitely still active. It's now a "contact Fidelity to get the reimbursement" for this offer. Seems it's the only way to stop all the people that don't qualify for this right now. They may bring back free premier online filing if they ever implement the correct security checks.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #25

Saw this late - I reviewed all and apparently these were not QUITE as represented ... sort of the same discount as big box stores.

Prices seem higher this year - looks like TurboTax is generating it's own competition by getting greeeeeedy :-)
stephenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
This deal is definitely still active. It's now a "contact Fidelity to get the reimbursement" for this offer. Seems it's the only way to stop all the people that don't qualify for this right now. They may bring back free premier online filing if they ever implement the correct security checks.
Ok, I guess it is "call and see if you qualify" then, but not a guaranteed free. They may take a look at your investment activity or asset level with them to determine whether they will comp you the TT fees.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #27

Just got my CD version of TT Deluxe via US mail. Pretty quick turnaround of 3 days.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Hmmmm, - I always thought it was online only, and I never wanted to do it online.
I told my husband they had it free because he is going to Staples tonight to get TT. He said they had the same offer last year but you had to fill it out online and they saved it on you account at Fidelity. So he declined because he isn't letting anyone know all our business.
heirloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #29

Save the receipt from Staples and send it to your Fido rep for reimbursement.
Nwsteve
nwsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #30
Full time employment: Posting here.

So I've read through all of the posts, and I've gone to the Fido website numerous times and I haven't seen anything that even says that "private client group" gets free turbotax. In summary, it looks to me that I will have to call my rep to get the real skinny on this. I don't understand all of this but I will call tomorrow. I have always used Turbotax but this is the first time that I have ever heard of this "free stuff".
This reminds me of the previous thread about free tickets, meals, theater, etc but only if you ask for it. That's no way to do business in my book. Oh well, it's only a phone call.
By the way, thanks for the heads up on this from you guys. It might just work.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #31
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Save the receipt from Staples and send it to your Fido rep for reimbursement.
Thanks a lot!! We'll do that next week and put it towards our dinner date. Too bad you weren't here, we would buy you some drinks during happy hour
heirloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #32

The current Fido site says up to (up to is always scarey) $20 discount, and it is also available to visitors....Suddenly I don't feel very important..
JPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #33
Recycles dryer sheets

I just got my TT deluxe in the mail. Seems like the same CD I would have bought as I could download my state for free and I have at least 1 free federal efile. I am guessing I can file up to 5 but won't know for sure until next week.

Thanks for the heads up here.
JohnDoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fidelity, free, turbotax