Fidelity Replacement Cards with Elan

I believe the date is now July 26th. I reviewed the Fidelity FAQ recently.

wow , i got a duplicate new set of elan visa cards today . different account numbers and different credit lines .

anyone else get two sets of new cards ?

Same name?
New trend is for each member of a couple to have a different number, although in one account.

identical cards , different account numbers , different credit lines

wow , i got a duplicate new set of elan visa cards today . different account numbers and different credit lines .

anyone else get two sets of new cards ?

Yes, but that was expected because we previously had the AMEX and VISA. Both got replaced with new Elan VISA accounts. Did you have both or only the AMEX?

We're only using the 2% card that replaced the AMEX. We'll either close the other one or try to get them to consolidate the credit limit into the 2% card.

my elan card is now linking to fidelity full view with no problem

How did you get this to work? I've had 2 new cards for 3 or 4 weeks now. They're on Fidelity's main page summary under credit cards. And I can see all the details when I click into one. But they don't show up in Full View. Do I need to set up a separate login at Elan and then manually set them up in Full View? That seems like a waste since the data is clearly in Fidelity's system.

interesting , we had fidelity master cards too . but i thought it was only amex they were breaking ties with . that master card is fia card services too.

i got it to work by going in to full view , account summary , edit credentials .

once i ran through it again and the security questions it worked .

interesting , we had fidelity master cards too . but i thought it was only amex they were breaking ties with . that master card is fia card services too...

Any Fidelity-branded card at FIA was converted to an Elan VISA. The duplicate VISA cards is why OP started this thread. Apparently, they broke ties with both AMEX and FIA.

...i got it to work by going in to full view , account summary , edit credentials .

I can't edit credentials because the new accounts simply aren't there to edit (in Full View). Did you perhaps edit the old CC account? If so, what credentials? I don't have a separate set of Elan credentials, just Fidelity. I suppose I could set up an account at Elan, but that seems crazy since the data is already in Fidelity's system... just not in Full View.

Last edited:
okay , start by livening your account directly on elan financial and creating it . you must set this up first . without creating your elan on line account full view will never find it .

then in full view go to adding account . pick elan financial .

in my case i got an error 404 that it couldn't complete adding it .

next i went in to summary in full view and there is a drop down menu where you can pick account type . one of the choices is accounts in error .

once you find it there you can click edit , then edit credentials . it then asked all the security questons and i was good to go after that

Last edited:
OK, I can do that. I guess I thought they would automatically show up in Full View like any other Fidelity account. But you're saying I have to set up an account at Elan and then manually add the CC accounts in Full View. Easy enough, I just don't remember doing that with the FIA cards, but maybe I did.

yep , you must create the account and put your security questions in place . then full view can access it from within .

i set the cards up on bill pay so i don't have to bother entering routing numbers .. if you try to do it from the credit card side you can't just pick a fidelity account to pay it from . you have to start entering routing numbers .

but if you do it from bill pay it only asks what fidelity account you want to use to pay it on a drop down menu . much easier i find .

Last edited:
I read on FIAs website that they will be sending out new Amex cards, not linked to Fido off course. Apparently they want to try to keep the accounts if they can. No info on cash back. The question becomes wether or not to keep it as an additional account.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

interesting , we had fidelity master cards too . but i thought it was only amex they were breaking ties with . that master card is fia card services too.

i got it to work by going in to full view , account summary , edit credentials .

They broke ties with FIA Card Services completely.

OK, I can do that. I guess I thought they would automatically show up in Full View like any other Fidelity account. But you're saying I have to set up an account at Elan and then manually add the CC accounts in Full View. Easy enough, I just don't remember doing that with the FIA cards, but maybe I did.

I just click on my credit card "see transactions" or "get statement" and Fidelity sends me to the Elan site.

I just click on my credit card "see transactions" or "get statement" and Fidelity sends me to the Elan site.

Sure, that's easy. But we were discussing how to get the activity into Fidelity Full View. In order to do that, you have to set up a separate login at Elan Cardmember Services. Then add the account(s) to Fidelity Full View, same as any other external account.

Yes, it dies on July 22.

I believe the date is now July 26th. I reviewed the Fidelity FAQ recently.

I was a little confused on dates, so I just read the website and FAQ. It says you can use the old card through July 22. On July 23, the old accounts will be closed and you will no longer have access to the FIA website. July 26 is the date they transfer balances, rewards, and transaction history to the new accounts, which will be available to customers via the Elan website July 27.

Also saw this in the FAQ which is pertinent to the OP and consistent with what I was told earlier by an Elan rep:

If I have multiple credit cards converting to Visa Signature products issued by Elan, can I consolidate them to one credit card product?

If you have more than one credit card account from Elan and want to consolidate multiple cards or credit lines into one product, please contact Elan Cardmember Service at 888-551-5144 after August 1 and the service advisor can discuss your options. Please be aware that credit line consolidation will require an underwriting review.

I haven't bothered with Fidelity's Full View or linking external accounts other than for fund transfers.

i love using full view . with no effort at all i can see every penny spent or that comes in for the year . we link our banks too .

no money comes or goes without automatically being logged . a quick click on the expense info shows our 1 year coming in 20k under budget since this month is our first completed year .

if i wanted to code the items fidelity does not recognize then i can get a very detailed budget .

but since all i really care about is dollars spent full view does that with no input from me since it tracks everything linked ..

Last edited:
Sure, that's easy. But we were discussing how to get the activity into Fidelity Full View. In order to do that, you have to set up a separate login at Elan Cardmember Services. Then add the account(s) to Fidelity Full View, same as any other external account.

I was a little confused on dates, so I just read the website and FAQ. It says you can use the old card through July 22. On July 23, the old accounts will be closed and you will no longer have access to the FIA website. July 26 is the date they transfer balances, rewards, and transaction history to the new accounts, which will be available to customers via the Elan website July 27.

Also saw this in the FAQ which is pertinent to the OP and consistent with what I was told earlier by an Elan rep:

i wouldn't bother to consolidate the two cards i got , i just won't use one much or at all . when we had the amex many places did not take it so we needed other cards . now one extra is fine .

i love using full view . with no effort at all i can see every penny spent or that comes in for the year . we link our banks too .

no money comes or goes without automatically being logged . a quick click on the expense info shows our 1 year coming in 20k under budget since this month is our first completed year .

if i wanted to code the items fidelity does not recognize then i can get a very detailed budget .

but since all i really care about is dollars spent full view does that with no input from me since it tracks everything linked ..
Quicken gives me that.

it is one less program i have to deal with . especially since i have to do no entry of any kind on my end .

it is just a by product of having all my bill paying and accounts linked .

it is one less program i have to deal with . especially since i have to do no entry of any kind on my end .

it is just a by product of having all my bill paying and accounts linked .
That's how Quicken ended up for me. Bill paying and check printing back in the 90s. Well before online banking. Now with statement downloads it's easy to maintain.

I haven't bothered with Fidelity's Full View or linking external accounts other than for fund transfers.
Quicken gives me that.

I abandoned Quicken in 2010 after 15 years of use. Too many bugs that Intuit never fixed. Had to implement workarounds for simple things. It was a chore. When they started forcing "upgrades" to keep the software functional, I was out.

Full View works flawlessly. It's free and well supported by Fidelity. I also like that external accounts are automatically included in other Fidelity tools like GPS (portfolio analytics) and RIP (retirement planner). Discussions with our private client group rep are more efficient as well since he can see the whole picture.

i wouldn't bother to consolidate the two cards i got , i just won't use one much or at all . when we had the amex many places did not take it so we needed other cards . now one extra is fine .

I'll probably consolidate if it's not a hassle. Already have an extra set of VISA cards in the sock drawer. Don't really need another. But I'd like to hang on to the credit limit. Not a big deal either way.

I used to use Full View but I have found Personal Capital to be the most functional implementation of Yodlee software available. I don't use their investment service, but as long as the software works, I will use it.

I have been trying to delete a bunch of 10 year-old accounts in Full View, because the numbers keep popping up in strange places. Fidelity unexpectedly created a net worth based on them one day when I logged in. Ummm...couldn't you have warned me you were making this change?

you can remove them in account summary in full view

Back
Top Bottom