Fidelity Replacement Cards with Elan

wow , i added it last night from scratch and i still have it today .

follow up- i just looked and it is gone again .

Last edited:
i have it back in networth and working again as of this morning

Received my first paper statement for the Elan Fidelity card. Has anyone been able to shut off paper statements? The FAQ page says "How do I enroll for Online Statements Only and discontinue paper statements? To enroll, login to Credit Card Online Account Access, and select the "Online Statements" link within the 'Transactions Details' page and follow the enrollment steps." I see no such steps under My Account > Online Statements, only a link to the PDF statement.

I didn't do anything and my e statement preference rolled over from the old card.

I enrolled in online statements as well as autopay when I first got the card. It was straightforward. You may want to go back and look harder at your account page to find it. I think it may be under Account Services.

I thought I had enrolled in estatements but got a paper statement today. Will track it down.

Here's a really stupid question about this card. It's through Fidelity, so it's accessible on the Fidelity website. Clunky compared to most bank sites, but usable. Is there another website that is for Elan cards? Or is the idea to get you to click through the Fidelity website in hopes you will open a cash management account and buy a stock or two and perhaps one of their mutual funds while you are visiting?

Here's a really stupid question about this card. It's through Fidelity, so it's accessible on the Fidelity website. Clunky compared to most bank sites, but usable. Is there another website that is for Elan cards? Or is the idea to get you to click through the Fidelity website in hopes you will open a cash management account and buy a stock or two and perhaps one of their mutual funds while you are visiting?

Maybe, but I think the real reason is to give current clients the ability to have a one stop financial source.

I have invested at Fidelity for a long time, but never considered using them as a bank. It looks like the cash management account is FDIC insured, although I don't see the bank name.

My real question is the card. Must you access it through Fido or is there another site I need to investigate?

...My real question is the card. Must you access it through Fido or is there another site I need to investigate?

If you click through from the main Fidelity website, you end up at www.fidelityrewards.com. This is a mirror image of Elan's regular website at www.myaccountaccess.com, but with Fidelity branding. You can sign up for a separate login at either of these sites and avoid Fidelity.

That's what I was looking for. I would rather not risk compromising the Fidelity account by using it to access the credit card account.

I find this a convenient way to access my Elan VISA account. Especially as bill pay is right there also.

My old Fidelity card was replaced with a new one also. I just found out that when they switched over, they didn't include any current autopay set-up, but also didn't notify anyone. Not sure why, and they aren't clear either, but the agent I spoke with recognized the problem immediately. That is, when I called to find out why my card had been declined.

She wanted a minimum payment on the phone, I chose instead to pay the entire last bill online ( like others here, I never carry a a balance) , and she confirmed all interest charges and late fees will be credited.

My old Fidelity card was replaced with a new one also. I just found out that when they switched over, they didn't include any current autopay set-up, but also didn't notify anyone. Not sure why, and they aren't clear either, but the agent I spoke with recognized the problem immediately. That is, when I called to find out why my card had been declined.

She wanted a minimum payment on the phone, I chose instead to pay the entire last bill online ( like others here, I never carry a a balance) , and she confirmed all interest charges and late fees will be credited.

I received multiple mailings and emails. You didn't get ANY notice? That's weird.

Got a Fidelity Elan statement today with a $25 interest charge - WTF! :mad:

I called and asked how I could have an interest charge when I signed up for autopay as soon as the card was available. Bottom line, they reversed the charge and verified that the auto pay was in force. The rep gave some excuse about a delay in the auto pay kicking in, which sounded like BS to me, but at least they reversed the charge without a fight..

I'm in the club too!

Got the offer in the mail and applied online. Instant approval. Told them to dump the cash in my Fidelity account which is set to reinvest dividends. So every time I buy stuff now I'll also buy more bonds.

Back
Top Bottom