Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

yep , you must create the account and put your security questions in place . then full view can access it from within .

i set the cards up on bill pay so i don't have to bother entering routing numbers .. if you try to do it from the credit card side you can't just pick a fidelity account to pay it from . you have to start entering routing numbers .

but if you do it from bill pay it only asks what fidelity account you want to use to pay it on a drop down menu . much easier i find .
mathjak107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2016, 06:40 PM   #62
Recycles dryer sheets

I read on FIAs website that they will be sending out new Amex cards, not linked to Fido off course. Apparently they want to try to keep the accounts if they can. No info on cash back. The question becomes wether or not to keep it as an additional account.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
upset264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:09 PM   #63
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
interesting , we had fidelity master cards too . but i thought it was only amex they were breaking ties with . that master card is fia card services too.

i got it to work by going in to full view , account summary , edit credentials .

once i ran through it again and the security questions it worked .
They broke ties with FIA Card Services completely.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:12 PM   #64
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra9777 View Post
OK, I can do that. I guess I thought they would automatically show up in Full View like any other Fidelity account. But you're saying I have to set up an account at Elan and then manually add the CC accounts in Full View. Easy enough, I just don't remember doing that with the FIA cards, but maybe I did.
I just click on my credit card "see transactions" or "get statement" and Fidelity sends me to the Elan site.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:44 PM   #65
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
I just click on my credit card "see transactions" or "get statement" and Fidelity sends me to the Elan site.
Sure, that's easy. But we were discussing how to get the activity into Fidelity Full View. In order to do that, you have to set up a separate login at Elan Cardmember Services. Then add the account(s) to Fidelity Full View, same as any other external account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
Yes, it dies on July 22.
Quote:
I believe the date is now July 26th. I reviewed the Fidelity FAQ recently.
I was a little confused on dates, so I just read the website and FAQ. It says you can use the old card through July 22. On July 23, the old accounts will be closed and you will no longer have access to the FIA website. July 26 is the date they transfer balances, rewards, and transaction history to the new accounts, which will be available to customers via the Elan website July 27.

Also saw this in the FAQ which is pertinent to the OP and consistent with what I was told earlier by an Elan rep:

Quote:
If I have multiple credit cards converting to Visa Signature products issued by Elan, can I consolidate them to one credit card product?

If you have more than one credit card account from Elan and want to consolidate multiple cards or credit lines into one product, please contact Elan Cardmember Service at 888-551-5144 after August 1 and the service advisor can discuss your options. Please be aware that credit line consolidation will require an underwriting review.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:50 PM   #66
Give me a forum ...

I haven't bothered with Fidelity's Full View or linking external accounts other than for fund transfers.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:05 AM   #67
Give me a forum ...

i love using full view . with no effort at all i can see every penny spent or that comes in for the year . we link our banks too .

no money comes or goes without automatically being logged . a quick click on the expense info shows our 1 year coming in 20k under budget since this month is our first completed year .

if i wanted to code the items fidelity does not recognize then i can get a very detailed budget .

but since all i really care about is dollars spent full view does that with no input from me since it tracks everything linked ..
Old 07-17-2016, 03:37 AM   #68
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Sure, that's easy. But we were discussing how to get the activity into Fidelity Full View. In order to do that, you have to set up a separate login at Elan Cardmember Services. Then add the account(s) to Fidelity Full View, same as any other external account.

I was a little confused on dates, so I just read the website and FAQ. It says you can use the old card through July 22. On July 23, the old accounts will be closed and you will no longer have access to the FIA website. July 26 is the date they transfer balances, rewards, and transaction history to the new accounts, which will be available to customers via the Elan website July 27.

Also saw this in the FAQ which is pertinent to the OP and consistent with what I was told earlier by an Elan rep:

i wouldn't bother to consolidate the two cards i got , i just won't use one much or at all . when we had the amex many places did not take it so we needed other cards . now one extra is fine .
Old 07-17-2016, 04:39 AM   #69
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
i love using full view . with no effort at all i can see every penny spent or that comes in for the year . we link our banks too .

no money comes or goes without automatically being logged . a quick click on the expense info shows our 1 year coming in 20k under budget since this month is our first completed year .

if i wanted to code the items fidelity does not recognize then i can get a very detailed budget .

but since all i really care about is dollars spent full view does that with no input from me since it tracks everything linked ..
Quicken gives me that.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:41 AM   #70
Give me a forum ...

it is one less program i have to deal with . especially since i have to do no entry of any kind on my end .

it is just a by product of having all my bill paying and accounts linked .
Old 07-17-2016, 06:09 AM   #71
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
it is one less program i have to deal with . especially since i have to do no entry of any kind on my end .

it is just a by product of having all my bill paying and accounts linked .
That's how Quicken ended up for me. Bill paying and check printing back in the 90s. Well before online banking. Now with statement downloads it's easy to maintain.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #72

Quote:
I haven't bothered with Fidelity's Full View or linking external accounts other than for fund transfers.
Quote:
Quicken gives me that.
I abandoned Quicken in 2010 after 15 years of use. Too many bugs that Intuit never fixed. Had to implement workarounds for simple things. It was a chore. When they started forcing "upgrades" to keep the software functional, I was out.

Full View works flawlessly. It's free and well supported by Fidelity. I also like that external accounts are automatically included in other Fidelity tools like GPS (portfolio analytics) and RIP (retirement planner). Discussions with our private client group rep are more efficient as well since he can see the whole picture.

Quote:
i wouldn't bother to consolidate the two cards i got , i just won't use one much or at all . when we had the amex many places did not take it so we needed other cards . now one extra is fine .
I'll probably consolidate if it's not a hassle. Already have an extra set of VISA cards in the sock drawer. Don't really need another. But I'd like to hang on to the credit limit. Not a big deal either way.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:48 PM   #73

I used to use Full View but I have found Personal Capital to be the most functional implementation of Yodlee software available. I don't use their investment service, but as long as the software works, I will use it.

I have been trying to delete a bunch of 10 year-old accounts in Full View, because the numbers keep popping up in strange places. Fidelity unexpectedly created a net worth based on them one day when I logged in. Ummm...couldn't you have warned me you were making this change?
Another Reader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #74
Give me a forum ...

you can remove them in account summary in full view
Old 07-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #75

I'm doing that now. Loading very slowly....
Another Reader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:32 AM   #76
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

i tried quicken years ago . it was to much work so i dropped it .

i like simple and full view is as simple as you can get since except for the link to external accounts there is nothing left to do to see spending at a glance .

i am lazy when it comes to tracking and coding the things full view does not automatically code but then again i don't really care what we spent on what . i would only care if we had to make cuts which we don't , we came in under what our goal posts are . so as long as we are under budget , what went where is not a concern . i would do it all again the same way anyway .
Old 07-18-2016, 07:58 AM   #77
Give me a forum ...

I set up autopay and alerts on the new Fido Visa card yesterday. Very easy from the Fido website.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:00 AM   #78
Give me a forum ...

i just put it under bill pay and did it that way .
Old 07-18-2016, 08:04 AM   #79
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
I set up autopay and alerts on the new Fido Visa card yesterday. Very easy from the Fido website.
I also set them up from the Fidelity site, and I would recommend setting up the Card Not Present alert, so you can get a text and/or an e-mail if card is used but not present (phone or internet use). Works slick. Used card online at Macy's Saturday and got a text maybe 10 seconds after placing order online informing me amount and merchant. I chose both e-mail and text.
Dave J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:07 AM   #80
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
OK, I can do that. I guess I thought they would automatically show up in Full View like any other Fidelity account. But you're saying I have to set up an account at Elan and then manually add the CC accounts in Full View. Easy enough, I just don't remember doing that with the FIA cards, but maybe I did.
Mine showed up without doing anything. It just appeared along with the old FIA card. So right now it shows both accounts. The new Elan closed on the 14th and I don' have a statement yet and the rewards haven't transferred yet. Waiting to see what happens with that.
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote