Fidelity Retirement Calculators

Tranquility Base

Recycles dryer sheets
When people posted about the Fidelity RIP retirement calculator I assumed that RIP stood for Retirement Income Planner. Has that calculator been renamed? There are a number of retirement calculators and tools at Fidelity but nothing actually called Retirement Income Planner. Is RIP referring to the Retirement Income Calculator ("Get a quick estimate of how much you could have to spend every month and explore ways to impact your cash flow in retirement.")? I have been experimenting with the Retirement Income Calculator. The word "Planner" in the old RIP name made me think it would also provide information on asset values as well and not just income.

I had a micro panic attack when I saw the headline given the few banks that had recently failed.

Title updated, let me know if you prefer something else and I'll change again.

If that's really the name of the tool, that's a terrible name!

I've asked the moderators to change the thread title.

EDIT: name change was fast!

Title updated, let me know if you prefer something else and I'll change again.

Thank you very much. I tried to edit the title to prevent more alarms from going off but I wasn't able to edit the title. But the reason I used that title is that is the name that everyone uses when referring to this particular planner/calculator. It turns out it was a confusing name in more ways than one.

Fido's planner used to be called that, but the name was changed a few years ago, for the obvious reason.

This is a video where Rob Berger, due to questions, speaks about the ramifications to those in a brokerage should the brokerage declare bankruptcy (using Schwab as an example), and discusses how the clients' assets are held within the account - if anyone is interested.

Spoiler alert - he does not see that happening.

The Fido former RIP is now called "Planning & Guidance Center".

The Fido former RIP is now called "Planning & Guidance Center".

Yup, plus even when one uses the income calculator, one can switch to an asset calculation.

Back
Top Bottom