Fido Consolidated 1099 Tax Form

sengsational

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I don't remember when I got it last year, but so far, no sign of the 1099 from Fidelity. Apparently the deadline is 2/14, but I don't recall them dragging it out to the last day before. On the web site for 2014, I see a bunch of stuff, but no 1099. Switching to 2013, I see last year's 1099. I'm just curious if it's just me, or if everyone is still waiting. I know the total dividend value, but a small fraction are not qualified, so here I wait.

All I have are the 5498s for my retirement accounts. I'm waiting for the downloads and they're always late.

They told me the same thing 2/14/15.

I got my 1099 Consolidated from Fidelity last week.

Are you looking under the tab for "Tax Forms"?

I first thought it would be under "Statements" but there is a separate tab for "Tax Forms".

Still waiting for most of my Fido 1099 results. Did get the 1099 for one of our smaller accounts.

Online availability of 1099s for taxable brokerage accounts is Feb 14 or earlier, according to their website and email communications. Mine is still not available.

Note however that all the data is readily available under the "Tax Info" tab, including qualified vs non-qualified dividends. I've already got all my tax calculations completed for 2014 based on the info there. I'll wait for the official 1099 to confirm everything, but I've never noticed a change in the data from around mid-January through final 1099. In December and earlier, many of the dividends on non-Fidelity holdings are listed as non-qualified, even though I know they are qualified. This typically gets updated in the first half of January.

I first thought it would be under "Statements" but there is a separate tab for "Tax Forms".

+1 Rec'd last week

Still waiting. Nothing posted on the tab for tax forms.

They've always been nearly as late as possible for me, including extensions beyond official deadlines. On the good side, I've only had one corrected form sent out quite a few years ago.

+1

I viewed mine online under tax forms posted on 1/13.

In not expecting the brokerage one until 2/14/15. That was the recent deadline they announced.

Brokers send them out around mid to late Feb. Same as last year from Fid, Vang, and Scottrade. If you have only mutual fund accounts then you get them around mid Jan.

We imported all the Fido data into TurboTax over a week ago.

In not expecting the brokerage one until 2/14/15. That was the recent deadline they announced.

Me either. When I talked to Fidelity they did look me up (or said they did) to give me a scheduled date 2/14.

I do feel bad for the people in the Fund companies record keeping areas. They get very short deadlines due to ever changing IRS rules. Then begin the long days, nights, and weekends. W*rk is a four letter word.

+3 got mine last week also.
+4 got the email notification from Fidelity on 2/4. Availability probably depends on what you have in your account, if mutual funds or ETFs, whether and when the fund/ETF providers sent the necessary info to Fidelity. Glad to see Fidelity isn't making everyone wait for the last provider.

There are two different kinds of accounts at Fidelity, mutual fund accounts and brokerage accounts. I downloaded my 1099 for my mutual fund account in Jan. But my brokerage account one won't be available until 2/14.

So that explains the different answers people are giving.

Or it could be that if you only have Fidelity funds in any account they can get it done faster.

I got my 3 1099-R's from Fidelity last week.
Schwab forms were on-line but the ability to download to tax software isn't available until tomorrow.

There are two different kinds of accounts at Fidelity, mutual fund accounts and brokerage accounts. I downloaded my 1099 for my mutual fund account in Jan. But my brokerage account one won't be available until 2/14.

Or it could be that if you only have Fidelity funds in any account they can get it done faster.

According to this page on Fidelity's website, mutual fund accounts and brokerage accounts are both due "on or before" Feb 14. I suspect your second theory is more likely the cause of the variability in dates. My brokerage account has no Fidelity mutual funds, just ETFs from 3 other companies, and I always seem to get it on the last day.

This is how Vanguard distributes their 1099's.

My account is a brokerage account and got my report last week.

Online availability of 1099s for taxable brokerage accounts is Feb 14 or earlier, according to their website and email communications. Mine is still not available.

Note however that all the data is readily available under the "Tax Info" tab, including qualified vs non-qualified dividends. I've already got all my tax calculations completed for 2014 based on the info there. I'll wait for the official 1099 to confirm everything, but I've never noticed a change in the data from around mid-January through final 1099. In December and earlier, many of the dividends on non-Fidelity holdings are listed as non-qualified, even though I know they are qualified. This typically gets updated in the first half of January.

Thanks for the tip! I have not explored many options on the site, so never found the Tax Info tab (Accounts & Trade > Portolio > Tax Information). Since its just a few days more until the deadline, I think I'll wait. But if they're the only ones I'm waiting for next year, I'll go with what's on that page. Or better yet, not have made an interest free loan to uncle sam!

Back
Top Bottom