Finally did it

Travelwanted

Recycles dryer sheets
I turned in my notice - 2 more weeks to go! After about 4 years of OMY syndrome I am finally cured. I went PT about 4 years ago to downshift and now even that feels too much. I highly recommend the gradual approach. Cold turkey would not have worked for me.

I thank the good folks here at e-r.org and bogleheads for giving me great knowledge, insight and motivation. I don't know if I could have done this without them/you. Thank you.

We have been blessed to do well financially. We will have a WR of <2%. But, there could be significant lumpy expenses ahead so there is plenty of working room with that.

I also encourage folks to manage their own investments. If you use Vanguard and do your own you know that place in portfolio review where it shows you how much you are saving vs industry average?...amazing. That amount for us is roughly 2/3 of our current burn rate!

Now I'm ready to unwind, volunteer, travel and enjoy a life with less stress (hopefully!).

Cheers

Congratulations! Look forward to hearing more about your life in retirement.

That's awesome!! I really enjoy reading this type of posts. Please keep us updated on your future plans in retirement. :)

Awesome! Reminds me of how great I felt when I finally let it all go. Enjoy the rest of your life!!

Congrats and thanks for sharing! I'm down to 2.5 years to go but don't think I'll be able to set a glide path using PT, unfortunately. It is great to hear of and hopefully follow those who have successfully worked, saved and jumped!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom