Finally made it - Two comma club

Thank you everyone! It is great to hear the encouragement. It's pretty unfortunate that one has to go through the journey without being able to tell anyone about it except for your wife. Feels great to be able to release it even if it is anonymously.

Hopefully the rule of thumb stays true and I'm able to hit the next million in 1/2 the time :)

It's a shame that Personal Finance is a taboo subject in our society. Prevents a lot of knowledge sharing.

Congrats!!!

Congratulations! Do you have at ER date in mind? $1M by 35 is an awesome foundation to build upon.

Congratulations.

You'll achieve the next million a lot faster than the first million.

Congratulations and be sure to acknowledge that you are doing very well to have that accomplishment by 35. Given your discipline, I am sure you can reach the $10M amount and still be able to retire early.

It's a shame that Personal Finance is a taboo subject in our society. Prevents a lot of knowledge sharing.

Congrats!!!

I think about this all the time. Finance is such a huge, life changing, part of life. It's so weird that it is such a taboo topic. Very unfortunate.

Congratulations! Do you have at ER date in mind? $1M by 35 is an awesome foundation to build upon.

I guess I don't really have a date in mind but my situation is a bit different. Two years ago I stepped out of the daily operation of my company and promoted my two top guys so now they are running the show. I only go in once a month for a two hour meeting. I feel like i'm partially ER'd because I'm free of work but don't feel totally ER'd because I do still feel the responsibilities that come with owning a company. My investment policy states that I will be FI at 1.25m so I'm well on my way to that number.

Congratulations.

You'll achieve the next million a lot faster than the first million.

Let's hope you are right!

Congratulations and be sure to acknowledge that you are doing very well to have that accomplishment by 35. Given your discipline, I am sure you can reach the $10M amount and still be able to retire early.

Man, that would be amazing! I know it could be a possibility, but the mental disconnect from it doesn't allow my mind to believe it is a possibility.

All of this positive feedback is wonderful! Thank you so very much you guys. This feedback has had a much bigger impact on me mentally that I would have thought. You guys are great! Such an awesome community to be part of.

Congrats--you did it "only" about 15 years earlier than we did (and it doubled again about 4 and 1/2 years later.)

This thread confused me because when I was booking for hotels in continental Europe, I see two commas as in thousands. They apparently use comma as decimal separator.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Better yet, buy a Bugatti, your 2 commas will go down to zero.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom