financial adviser situation...

The rest can be put into something for your long term goals, but index funds are not a panacea for the masses, any more than religion is. Some (SOME) actively managed funds do a splendid job of outperforming their benchmarks while others do not. Some index funds aren't so hot. :)

:):cool:;):D:angel: comparing index funds to religion is an insult to index funds:):cool:;):D:LOL:

If ANY manged fund can reliably outperform benchmarks after including fees it would be a surprise to the academics who study the issue. Sure, In retrospect by chance some have to. If you gave the NFL schedule to a stadium full of fans and asked them to pick the winners for the next season SOME would do a splendid job. So would some monkeys. Unfortunately you cant pick the geniuses out in advance.

Emeritus, I know you are kinda new here, but comparing actively managed funds and index funds has, like paying off the mortgage, been discussed to death around here. I'll just say that those of us in the business tend to believe our own press. :whistle:

But all that aside, the OP needs to manage his cash flow more than his investments until he gets back on his feet employment-wise. And there is no better religion than cash for that! :D

Emeritus, I know you are kinda new here, but comparing actively managed funds and index funds has, like paying off the mortgage, been discussed to death around here. I'll just say that those of us in the business tend to believe our own press. :whistle:

:D

New or old, The continued revival of self interested claims to the possession of "Investor's magic fairy dust" whose purchase allows above market returns is not a "discussion". Anyone who has that ability would be a fool to rent it out. You borrow the money and bet it yourself.

Paying off a mortgage is a choice that depends heavily on personal situations. Being able to beat the market regularly over the long haul is a skill that can be tested.

:D:D:D:D

New or old, The continued revival of self interested claims to the possession of "Investor's magic fairy dust" whose purchase allows above market returns is not a "discussion". Anyone who has that ability would be a fool to rent it out. You borrow the money and bet it yourself.

So, Peter Lynch is a mirage?

So, Peter Lynch is a mirage?

OFGS
Who bet the farm on him when he started out ? You can't pick the winners after the race. you have to pick them before the race.

Tell me who will beat the market over the next 2 years by 5 % and you are willing to guarantee it.

OFGS
Tell me who will beat the market over the next 2 years by 5 % and you are willing to guarantee it.

If I did know, WHY would I tell you, or anyone else? :LOL::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom