Financial calculations

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I’m interested in finding either a web site that does financial calculations or that has the actual formulas. Things like “F given P, i n” (future value given present value, interest rate and number of periods) and “A given P, i,n” (regular payments given present value, interest rate and number of periods). I had a class of this stuff in college but don’t have the book anywhere. Does anyone know where I can turn? Thanks.

Google spreadsheet has hundreds of financial and other functions, including TVM for both present and future value. The help screens list the variables, etc.

Of course, there's Excel but I like google because it's available anywhere, password protected, can be shared with others, can look up stock prices, trailing returns and much more

this is not a website for formulas,
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpia5211.pdf
but this manual may be a good quick refresher for the concepts before diving into a pre-canned formula spreadsheet. i always found that my mathematical comprehension was greater if i pulled out scratch paper, a calcuator and did a few examples the good ol' fashioned analog way. this business calculator is an older one, so you might find one cheap if you decide to roll your sleeves up.

Back
Top Bottom