FINRA Securities Industry Essentials exam

Daughter is nervous. She quit another company and took this new job in a new industry with a big jump in pay. The catch is that she has 90 days to pass the SIE and two other exams. Supposedly the SIE is the hardest.

We're reviewing the material again and again, I might be as nervous as she is!

56. took one of the exams about 15 years ago and passed with a 100%.

I passed but not by much. That's a little embarrassing as I'm in the securities industry (and I have this license + others) but I haven't seen a lot of this stuff since I studied for it 22 years ago.

Last edited:
39. It was a fun test. Obviously I guessed at a lot of the answers.

She passed!

Daughter took the test yesterday afternoon and she passed! 62 out of 75! :dance:

The first of her group of 6 took it last week and didn't pass so she was really stressed out about it. She is a State U Liberal Arts grad and the rest of her new group have private college Business degrees. Maybe I feel some schadenfreude?

She was working an office job but with very limited responsibilities and potential. This new job is going to be more responsibility with lots more room to grow - either with this company or another. Don't want to name the company but it isn't Fast Eddie Jones or that ilk.

Her Mom and I are almost as excited as she is!

Brian

Congratulations to your daughter!

I like the fact that someone can take this exam without being sponsored. I wish all of the tests were that way.

Back
Top Bottom