100% Stock/Bond Portfolio 42 61.76%
70% TIPS Ladder with 30% Stock/Bond Portfolio 6 8.82%
Not sure, Not Applicable, or I use Lottery Tickets 20 29.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
that may be more a comment on distrust regarding TIPS and CPI manipulation, and/or dissatisfaction with current TIPS rates than actual abstract preferences. This is a practical group.

Ha
Also there are those of us (or, at least one of us, me) who are such old fuddy-duddies that we would never put 70% into any single investment, for reasons of diversification.

All most eggs in one basket = nono for me, even if it is TIPS.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2010, 05:28 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Only two options makes me a little nervous

How about some more sources to choose from?

The 10 Biggest Sources of Retirement Income - US News and World Report