Flexible Retirement Calculator question

tmm99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Someone mentioned this calculator which I wasn't familiar with. I just installed it and am taking a look.

Am I supposed to include taxes owed for the total yearly spending value or I don't need to? I wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask the experts here.

Thank you.

I haven't used it yet, but take a look at the "documentation" area of the website for it, and in particular "user input." User Input | The Flexible Retirement Planner It discusses both tax rate input and spending in retirement input--the latter of which says
The first input in this section is the Annual Retirement Spending (in current dollars) that needs to be funded during the retirement years. The value specified here should not include amounts needed for payment of income taxes on retirement income or investments since these are calculated and deducted automatically.

So, net of taxes.

Please post back with your thoughts after you've played with it.

I haven't used it yet, but take a look at the "documentation" area of the website for it, and in particular "user input." User Input | The Flexible Retirement Planner It discusses both tax rate input and spending in retirement input--the latter of which says

So, net of taxes.

Please post back with your thoughts after you've played with it.

Thank you for the research!

I haven't played with it much, but right out of the box (without changing any input values), the spending dollars I get is lower than with any other retirement planning tools I have used (even after adding the tax part) - I am comparing it with Vanguard engine, FIDO RIP, Firecalc, i-orp, and ********. I will have to look at the assumptions and input values to find out why.

It looks like you can save different scenarios and compare them fairly quickly, so that is good.

I haven't played with it much, but right out of the box (without changing any input values), the spending dollars I get is lower than with any other retirement planning tools I have used (even after adding the tax part) - I am comparing it with Vanguard engine, FIDO RIP, Firecalc, i-orp, and ********. I will have to look at the assumptions and input values to find out why.

The best one that I have seen is VPW ---

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120430&hilit=VPW

Back
Top Bottom