For the people that are here in seriousness

Gosh, we could've really used your crystal ball 2 weeks ago.

Why didn't you share it then? :angel:
I only have a handful of posts and came here for a reason last November. My implication was more direct at the end of one post. you can also see the nature of people when they fear or their beliefs are challenged.

I'm sitting here breathlessly waiting for the annuity pitch! :cool:

I only have a handful of posts and came here for a reason last November. My implication was more direct at the end of one post. you can also see the nature of people when they fear or their beliefs are challenged.

aja888: I am sensing that your wait will soon be over!

-BB

What is the reason you came here?

I see you have a new thread about S&P going sideways, and so on. Perhaps that discussion will continue with a reason.

I find @allstock to be quite funny. His/her posts always remind me of the many psychology studies showing that people who know the least about a subject are the most self-confident in their knowledge. As people develop expertise they become more humble. @allstock's posts have never lifted my humility detector off of zero.

In all seriousness, I am here for the fun of it.

Folks... it's not nice to make fun of those ineligible for Mensa International membership.

I find @allstock to be quite funny. His/her posts always remind me of the many psychology studies showing that people who know the least about a subject are the most self-confident in their knowledge. As people develop expertise they become more humble. @allstock's posts have never lifted my humility detector off of zero.
Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Attachments

• dunning-kruger.jpeg
    dunning-kruger.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I thought it was called the Boho paradoxon.

Anyone remember the TV show MASH?

There was an episode called "5 O'Clock Charlie" where this guy kept flying over in a sputtering old plane. Each day he would drop a single hand grenade from the plane hoping to hit the ammo storage dump next to the camp. Everyone would come out to watch and make bets on how far off he would be that day. He'd miss and then go sputtering off in his plane.

Can the mods please change allstock's name to "5-OclockCharlie"?

Anyone remember the TV show MASH?

There was an episode called "5 O'Clock Charlie" where this guy kept flying over in a sputtering old plane. Each day he would drop a single hand grenade from the plane hoping to hit the ammo storage dump next to the camp. Everyone would come out to watch and make bets on how far off he would be that day. He'd miss and then go sputtering off in his plane.

Can the mods please change allstock's name to "5-OclockCharlie"?
Lol. I remember that episode. Excellent.

If I recall correctly they painted a target bullseye on the roof of the ammo shed to hasten it's demise because having ammo near a hospital is not allowed by the Geneva convention under civilized rules of warfare. Also the personnel split as they heard Charlie approaching so no loss of allied lives.

Fearful people are always dangerous to themselves and to others because at the base of the fear in the concern that they can not cope with many of the possible outcomes.

There are a few of the fears that we all have to accept, like the big asteroid, and Mt Vesuvius erupting in our backyards, and a lot of the others we do what we can to mitigate the losses. Buckle the seatbelt. Have a safety reserve of cash of six months.
Diversify among assets. Have a little food in your pantry. Wash you hands. Exercise some. Lock your doors. Know how to dispatch Zombies efficiently. : )

Share your toys and protect the weak.

Back
Top Bottom