Four Years ER Today!

Congrats to you, Scrabbler! I hope your days are filled with fun things.

I am a freshly minted retiree (at age 64) coming out of the Corporate world. Now that it's been a couple of weeks I feel the stress leaving me. I did not know I had it - sometimes I was high stress which I could feel, but it appears there was a constant low stress that was on me and is just leaving. Perhaps that will bring back memories for you.

I had been working part-time for the last 7 years of my career (2001-2008). Down to working only 2 days a week in the last 17 months of that stretch, it wasn't a huge change to my everyday life. What I did lose, the thing I most wanted to get rid of, was the commute. Even 2 days a week, it sucked. I can still remember that last train ride home, how I struggled to keep from breaking down emotionally until I at least got off the train for the short walk home.

When I got inside my apartment, I yelled out, "I'm Free!!!"

Congrats Scrabbler1
I really enjoy reading all the retirement success stories on this forum. It's very encouraging. I plan to be in the class of 2022

That was a long time ago and I am glad things have been gone well for you. Congratulations!

Ack! I forgot to post here how I just ended my 14th year of retirement and have just begun my 15th year of retirement.

Halloween was again uneventful (no trick-or-treaters) but this year I didn't bother buying any pre-packaged, single-serving snacks I would later eat myself because they were just so dang expensive this year!

Also, unlike most of the last few years, I already know there won't be any issues with my ACA subsidy going into next year, as confirmed by a letter my state's exchange just mailed me. Nice way to start a new year of retirement, huh?

Congrats! We were 2008 retirees too though we had a small relapse in 2010.

Congrats, Scrabbler! I have two weeks before I celebrate my 8th anniversary of FREEDOM!!! I have zero regrets and have enjoyed MY TIME very, very much.

We are in our 6th year of retirement and are very happy that we are ER'd.

scrabbler1 congratulations!
Ironically I left office for the last time almost 3 years ago. But no early retirement yet, just working from home :)

I'm 4 years, 2 months. Right now, exactly 4 years ago, the start market was starting a year end dive of 10%+ from the high the day I retired.

It was a good test.

I don't think much about the calendar, but I have been "free" 14 year as of 2 weeks ago.

Never had time to work anyway. Keeping up with raising an 11 year old and having 2 houses to maintain keeps us young.

My wife finally started to walk a little 2 days ago after 2 surgeries kept her in bed 15 weeks. I'm like a bird out of a cage now.

Congratulations to anyone that can get out of the rat race early--and live for themselves and others.

Late to the game here but I enjoy post like this from folks like yourself. It gives us a few years out a lot to take in.

I never thought about retiring on a holiday, never gave much thought to until I read your OP. I may have to change my date!

All treats and no tricks this Halloween because I have just ended my 15th year of retirement and am about to start my 16th year today.

I did buy some snacks this time (unlike last year) to hand out in case I get any trick-or-treaters, something which hasn't happened since the 1990s.

Always glad I don't have to deal with the hated commute, the #1 reason (and #2 and #3) I ERed in late 2008, even though I was working only 2 days a week by the time I ERed.

:dance:

Congratulations on another year.
I don’t get a lot of trick or treaters but have a couple bags of Snickers and Hot Wheels cars or mini My Little Ponies for the monsters and Barbie’s that show up tonight.

Congrats. I hope to start mine next year or 2025.

Congratulations! Amazingly, I don't miss the commute one tiny bit either. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom