Free $150 from Fidelity

Received the promo $150 into my Roth.

They did not count it as a contribution.

Merry Xmas!

Received the promo $150 into my Roth.

They did not count it as a contribution.

Merry Xmas!

You made me look! Yes, DH's account shows the $150 added.

FYI - Last year when I did this same promo offer for myself the bonus was called "Journaled Promo Offer". I never got a 1099.

You made me look! Yes, DH's account shows the $150 added.

And you made me look! I got my $150 from Fidelity too, just a week after I got a $600 promotion from Citizens Bank. Next month another $500 from Ally!

I did the account opening the day it was announced. Was I supposed to do something additional?

I did the account opening the day it was announced. Was I supposed to do something additional?

I opened my account the very last day of the promotion and the bonus was deposited December 23. I remember I clicked on a special link to open the account and get the promotion. At one point I called to make sure the account was qualified for the promotion, and they said yes, but don't expect the bonus until near the end of the month.

You have to fund it with $50 from a non Fidelity account within 15 days. You also cannot have earned a bonus in the previous 12 months. You should have received an email when you opened the account if you are eligible.

Got my $150 and it was coded as a commission credit.

I fundrd the $50 on 12/1, I guess I missed the part about the money coming from a non fidelity account

Opened it on 12/1, funded the $50 from a connected checking account on 12/2. $150 received on 12/23. Woo-Hoo! :LOL:

Well I'll be damned! I just looked, and there it is! I got my $150 and I just checked my uncle's account, and he got his as well.

One thing I can't remember though...don't you have to keep the account open for something like 90 days, or you forfeit it? In my case, I just had it added to the $50 in the savings account, as I do my Roth with another company.

Well I'll be damned! I just looked, and there it is! I got my $150 and I just checked my uncle's account, and he got his as well.

One thing I can't remember though...don't you have to keep the account open for something like 90 days, or you forfeit it? In my case, I just had it added to the $50 in the savings account, as I do my Roth with another company.

Got mine! Gone shopping.

You have to leave the bonus in the account for 90 days.

"Account holders must maintain the bonus award (minus any losses related to trading or market volatility, or margin debit balances) in the account for at least 90 days from the date on which the bonus award is credited to the account. Fidelity may charge accounts that fail to comply with this requirement the cost of the bonus award."

You have to leave the bonus in the account for 90 days.

"Account holders must maintain the bonus award (minus any losses related to trading or market volatility, or margin debit balances) in the account for at least 90 days from the date on which the bonus award is credited to the account. Fidelity may charge accounts that fail to comply with this requirement the cost of the bonus award."

Thanks, Sue. I thought I remembered reading something to that extent. Still, even with that little constraint, it was a nice Christmas bonus!

Just checked, and my $150 is there.

Back
Top Bottom