Free Turbo Tax Premier available on Fidelity

FIREd_2015

Recycles dryer sheets
Fidelity's offer for free Turbo Tax Premier is available for download. Unlike last year where one had to navigate to another screen, the offer showed up on the home screen.

Interesting. I haven't used a downloaded version yet -- might give this a try.

My data from last year's CD version of TT Deluxe could be imported, correct ??

Interesting. I haven't used a downloaded version yet -- might give this a try.

My data from last year's CD version of TT Deluxe could be imported, correct ??
Yes,
I just downloaded TT, and it imported all of my data from last year

I must not have enough money in my account, because I don't see it. :(

Fidelity's offer for free Turbo Tax Premier is available for download. Unlike last year where one had to navigate to another screen, the offer showed up on the home screen.

OK - good to know! I was hoping this perk would continue, and really didn't see why not as their premium members (or is it Private Client group) are their higher level accounts with substantial assets invested through them.

Last edited:
Must be rolling out gradually. I got it last year, but now I only see the free online version. I'll check again tomorrow. If it's not there I'll contact my rep.

I see the free offer, but it just takes me to the online interview method. No download, and no way to get to the forms method.

Am I missing something?

I remember a few hoops last year. First, we had to be logged in as my husband to see the Turbotax Premier button as he is listed first on our joint accounts. Second, we had to figure out pressing that button took you to the free download option. It was a little hidden.

I must not have enough money in my account, because I don't see it. :(

Me neither - all I get is the online version. Does anyone know what the minimum balance is?

----------------------------------------------------------

Get TurboTax® Online Premier free

Receive a free federal and state tax return
TurboTax® will automatically import your Fidelity account info
Get your refund quickly by direct depositing into your Fidelity account

Get started now

I first saw the "online" version selection on the Fidelity website. When I clicked on it, it took me to the Intuit site where I could then select to download TT for free.

Last edited:
Me neither - all I get is the online version. Does anyone know what the minimum balance is?

I can't tell you what the minimum is, but I can tell you that it must be higher than $548,763.44, because that's my account balance as of today & I'm not even eligible for the online version. It looks like I'm eligible for $20 off the regular price of TurboTax.

You mentioned that you get the online version free, is your balance higher than the amount shown above ?

Starting in 1999 & through 2007, Fidelity gave me a free 'physical' copy of TurboTax Deluxe every year, & my account was less than half what it is now.

Greed by the Johnson family.
Nothing more.

Last edited:
I have a multi seven figure balance at Fido and it's only letting me access the online version. I can't download a copy.

Hmmm, I tried again and was able to access the free download option. Not sure if it was user error the first time, or if the web page is flaky.

Last year I switched from Premier to Deluxe because they moved back some of the investment features back to Deluxe, like Schedule D and other cap gains-related forms.

Will that still be the case?

I have a multi seven figure balance at Fido and it's only letting me access the online version. I can't download a copy.

Good to know, as that should dispel any notions that private client group level is the key to accessing the free TT download.

Last year I switched from Premier to Deluxe because they moved back some of the investment features back to Deluxe, like Schedule D and other cap gains-related forms.

Will that still be the case?

Well - last year Fidelity offered Premier for free but not Deluxe for free, so we got Premier because it was free even though we only needed Deluxe.

OK - we found it. But it's tricky. This is tricky like it was before.

1. First we had to click on the link "get started now" under "Get Turbotax Online Premier Free".
  2. Then it takes you over to Intuit Turbotax site. And it has the Fidelity logo. And it you "start for free" or "sign in". But ignore all that. Below, to the right there is a download link. Click on "See Products".
  3. And that's where the various downloadable versions are listed. And Turbotax Premier is free, and others are discounted.

OK - we found it. But it's tricky. This is tricky like it was before.

1. First we had to click on the link "get started now" under "Get Turbotax Online Premier Free".
  2. Then it takes you over to Intuit Turbotax site. And it has the Fidelity logo. And it you "start for free" or "sign in". But ignore all that. Below, to the right there is a download link. Click on "See Products".
  3. And that's where the various downloadable versions are listed. And Turbotax Premier is free, and others are discounted.

Worked for me. Thanks for the heads up on that....I was logging in and it was taking me to the online version.

I just checked, and like last year, no sign of free TT for our account. Last year I sent an email asking why and they offered to refund my purchase, which they did. I'll send an email again this year.

Thank you. Was just looking for this today, but couldn't locate the screen where it used to be offered. Instead the offer is on the Accounts & Trade > Portfolio screen if you scroll down. As in the past, you click Get Started Now, then get to choose Online or Download by clicking See Products.

Attachments

• tt1.jpg
    tt1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 42
  • tt2.jpg
    tt2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom