Free TurboTax Premier 2019 for some Fidelity clients

Free offer not on my summary page, so I contacted my rep and got this email response:
"what I have done is gone to my manager and asked permission to goodwill $100 into either your joint account which should cover the cost of the premier"
Just waiting for the $100 to show up and will purchase Premier.
If you haven't already, make contact with Fidelity and get a rep. It is worth your time.

I clicked on link for free premier and got a intuit page with this message:
Our Apologies
We cannot find the page you requested.

You may have incorrectly typed the address (URL) or clicked an outdated link.

For assistance, please contact the institution that provided the link,

or to learn more about TurboTax Online, please visit TurboTax.com

I will try again later.

That's what I get. You ever get through?

Free offer not on my summary page, so I contacted my rep and got this email response:
"what I have done is gone to my manager and asked permission to goodwill $100 into either your joint account which should cover the cost of the premier"
Just waiting for the $100 to show up and will purchase Premier.
If you haven't already, make contact with Fidelity and get a rep. It is worth your time.

Are you a private client or otherwise paying them high fees?

It took me about 4-5 tries at different points in the day. Keep trying.

Got it. I was curious how the online version would perform and it came up w/o much of a hitch. I got last years pdf file transferred over and the new return started. The online version will work best for me as my old windows laptop has seen better days(slow) and I use a Chromebook primarily anyway. Can't use windows 7 on this years TT anyway. So this was the last obstacle for me in ditching windows computers.:)

...Can't use windows 7 on this years TT anyway...

Actually you can. I'm using the free Fidelity version on my Win7 desktop without any problem. When you install, they give a warning and you have to click a button that says something to the effect, "I understand the risk but wish to proceed anyway."

For tax year 2020, TT will not run on Win7.

Actually you can. I'm using the free Fidelity version on my Win7 desktop without any problem. When you install, they give a warning and you have to click a button that says something to the effect, "I understand the risk but wish to proceed anyway."

For tax year 2020, TT will not run on Win7.

That is really annoying.

They have a similar message for Mac users, telling them they will have to be on later OSes.

Why is Intuit trying to help MS and Apple force their user base to newer Ones?

That is really annoying.

They have a similar message for Mac users, telling them they will have to be on later OSes.

Why is Intuit trying to help MS and Apple force their user base to newer Ones?

I'm sure it has a lot to do with security and liability. On a 2nd level, there is the added program development cost of validating programs on the older systems. Those still running on Win7 or old Mac OS's should not expect new programs to be compatible with, or safe with these old operating systems. Time moves on.

Back
Top Bottom