Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-18-2018, 05:11 PM   #61
Recycles dryer sheets

Can someone just post a link? I've been with Fidelity for decades as a premium customer.

Thanks.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #62
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
Okay I got the free offer on my home page, even though my Fidelity rep told me just 2 weeks ago that the discount is $20.
How about that!
Old 12-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #63
Give me a forum ...

This shows up on the summary view after logging in? Because we’re not seeing any mention of TurboTax.

Did it go away?
Old 12-18-2018, 07:17 PM   #64
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

mine showed up today
bingybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:33 AM   #65
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
This shows up on the summary view after logging in? Because we’re not seeing any mention of TurboTax.

Did it go away?
Not mine, it shows up at the bottom right side of the summary page.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:11 AM   #66

Mine showed up on the bottom left of the summary page. I think it depends on your customized settings.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:36 AM   #67
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfirev5 View Post
Mine showed up on the bottom left of the summary page. I think it depends on your customized settings.
It’s not at the bottom of the summary page on either side. It used to show up bottom right.

Have looked everywhere on that summary page, believe me. Just isn’t there.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:38 AM   #68

I've had it in several different places on the summary page. This year it was bottom left.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:26 AM   #69
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
I've had it in several different places on the summary page. This year it was bottom left.
Yes, mine is in bottom left too. Sometimes it’s under a tile or whatever it’s called and you need to click the plus sign. See my screen capture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC6FC54F-A2EC-4614-B3DB-E767050C1470.jpg (420.3 KB, 28 views)
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:18 AM   #70
Recycles dryer sheets

I have a link to the free online version on my Fidelity homepage. In the past, I would get the free downloadable version. I don't see a link to that.....not sure if they are going to offer the downloadable version. Anyone know?
Old 12-19-2018, 06:21 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdv2 View Post
I have a link to the free online version on my Fidelity homepage. In the past, I would get the free downloadable version. I don't see a link to that.....not sure if they are going to offer the downloadable version. Anyone know?
See post #50.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:57 AM   #72
Recycles dryer sheets

Here is why some of you see the offer and some don't. You have to qualify for "Active Trader Services" or "Active Trader VIP" (see Clipboard03).

"Active Trader Services" requires you have both the # trades and the dollar amount. "Active Trader VIP" could give it to you if you just have a million dollars with Fidelity, so I'm told.

The free TurboTax shows up under Advanced services (see Clipboard02)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard03.jpg (23.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Clipboard02.jpg (47.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 12-19-2018, 08:07 AM   #73
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaqxsw View Post
Here is why some of you see the offer and some don't. You have to qualify for "Active Trader Services" or "Active Trader VIP" (see Clipboard03).

"Active Trader Services" requires you have both the # trades and the dollar amount. "Active Trader VIP" could give it to you if you just have a million dollars with Fidelity, so I'm told.

We have gotten Premier free download for the past several years. Our Fidelity investment dollars are still at the same level.

And we’ve never been Active Trader VIP or qualified for active trader services.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:09 AM   #74

Quote:
Here is why some of you see the offer and some don't. You have to qualify for "Active Trader Services" or "Active Trader VIP"
No, as was pointed out earlier in this thread, that is only one way to get the offer. Private Client Group customers who have nothing to do with Active Trader also get it.

But there are nuances and differences that Fidelity doesn't publish. If you think you qualify but don't see it, the best thing to do is contact your PCG rep and ask.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:35 AM   #75
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
No, as was pointed out earlier in this thread, that is only one way to get the offer. Private Client Group customers who have nothing to do with Active Trader also get it.

But there are nuances and differences that Fidelity doesn't publish. If you think you qualify but don't see it, the best thing to do is contact your PCG rep and ask.
I guess that’s what we have to do. When DH logged onto his account on my machine, the summary page was different, included an offer for three different tax software programs (not the same as shown in images posted above and not at the bottom of the page) and clicking through the links did not get to any TurboTax product at $0, just the $20 off offers.

We’ll be calling our rep soon.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:01 AM   #76
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Like others said, just call the rep.
1mm would qualify one for Private Client Group status, but not all PCG members get it automatically.
I pushed for it in my rep meeting, was kind of turned down, but then it appeared the other day.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:04 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
Like others said, just call the rep.
1mm would qualify one for Private Client Group status, but not all PCG members get it automatically.
I pushed for it in my rep meeting, was kind of turned down, but then it appeared the other day.
That seems to be the case -- part of the decision to offer it is up to the rep.

I found that out some years ago when I had been PCG for a few years but never got the offer. I had a meeting with my rep on an unrelated matter one day and asked about it. He just said "Oh, I didn't know you used it. I'll put you on the list."

I've had the offer automatically ever since.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:36 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post

Did it go away?
I think everyone's Summary Page may be different. To see the Turbo Tax link I had to click on the Customize link (upper right corner) and add it. See my post 59.
nwsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:27 PM   #79
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
See post #50.

Thanks. Shame on me for not reading all the prior posts. Downloaded the file and installed....all good.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #80

Thanks to the previous posts that clarified the process, especially to Cobra9777. I got the free Premier dowload to work for me. The hangup is you need to first log into or create your Turbotax account, then do the "Products & Pricing" tab at the top and follow through with the "CD/Download Products", go through putting in credit card info even though total will be $0.00 and then once the order is completed you get the link to download the program to your computer. Otherwise the Turbotax online tries to get you to do it online if you just click on the "Start Premier" on the page where the "Products & Pricing" tab is. I prefer the download version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra9777 View Post
At the top of the page, pull down on "Products & Pricing" and select "CD/Download products." From there, you have the familiar free download of Premier including 5 free federal e-files.

You can't spend yourself to prosperity.

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now [4/24/17 changed to 80%]
Retired Aug 2, 2017; age 53
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote