Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-17-2016, 05:55 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
I get free movies and coupons from redbox.

I ended up with 2 accounts, because I used 2 email addresses for 2 different credit cards.
One account, I registered with them online so I could reserve movies from home instead of going to the box to find all the movies I want are gone.
The other account I didn't bother to register it.

Now they send to the non-registered account coupons for $1.25 off each weekend.
So I login using the registered account, pick a movie, apply the coupon and go pick up the movie. After 10 rentals, they give me a freebee.
Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 06:36 PM   #62
Full time employment: Posting here.

Thanks Sunset. I'll give it a go

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 06-17-2016, 06:40 PM   #63
Give me a forum ...

I don't know how old you are, but I bet they aren't too interested in over-55 responders, who are stereotyped as not buying much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog View Post
Just signed up for eRewards surveys. They sent me two surveys I could participate in. I didn't qualify for either . I answered pre-qual questions honestly (we are not big consumers). So, no points/$ for me.
Is there a trick to qualifying for the surveys?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Freebies and deep discounts?
Old 06-18-2016, 01:07 AM   #64
Recycles dryer sheets

Freebies and deep discounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
I don't know how old you are, but I bet they aren't too interested in over-55 responders, who are stereotyped as not buying much.

Although DW and I scored big time a few years ago due to being over 55 and "looking it". We were in a higher-end furniture store and were lolly-gagging around in no particular hurry. This was a store we'd purchased several pieces from over the years but it's not like we were on a first name basis with the staff. I noticed that one store employee (turned out to be a manager) had appeared to be following us around yet keeping his distance and began to wonder if he thought we were up to something. Finally he approached us and started with some small talk, eventually asking if we'd consider accompanying him to their conference room and giving one of their marketing people our opinion on changes they were considering for their website. We said "sure" and soon discovered that they wanted to test the navigability of their site by older, perhaps less web-savvy, customers. We appeared to fit the bill and is why we were shadowed and finally approached.

After spending somewhere between 30 minutes and an hour providing our input (with detailed documenting of our comments by the marketing guy), we were profusely thanked and handed a substantial store voucher (I believe it was for $250). Then before we left he asked if we'd consider, at some future date, reviewing the revisions based on our comments along with other changes they were considering. Again we said "sure".

Yep, a few weeks later we were contacted and did exactly that. This second time we were handed a $400 voucher. So $650 for well under two hours work (was fun so you could hardly call it work) in a place we like and knew we would purchase again, regardless.

Some days it just pays to be a geezer!
UpAnchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #65
Give me a forum ...

Good for you, having a thick hide paid off! I would've been insulted.

So, did they figure you'd think Google is actually a person, and all that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpAnchor View Post
they wanted to test the navigability of their site by older, perhaps less web-savvy, customers. We appeared to fit the bill and is why we were shadowed and finally approached.

!
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 04:22 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpAnchor View Post
So $650 for well under two hours work (was fun so you could hardly call it work) in a place we like and knew we would purchase again, regardless.
Not a bad gig at all when you can find it. Nice!