Join Early Retirement Today

Frugal People are More Attractive....:)
Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Frugal People are More Attractive....:)

Are Frugal People More Attractive? - Yahoo! Finance

There ya go..............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Great story and I agree 100%. A money "waster" loses my respect. I really liked the part about tipping a waiter......As in the story, I respect everyone working for a living and although I consider myself "prudent", I always tip good service 20% at in-expensive restaurants. thanks for posting.
jerome len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome len View Post
Great story and I agree 100%. A money "waster" loses my respect. I really liked the part about tipping a waiter......As in the story, I respect everyone working for a living and although I consider myself "prudent", I always tip good service 20% at in-expensive restaurants. thanks for posting.
Thanks FinanceDude...regarding tipping, I, too, tip 20% when eating out, and to motel/hotel maids. I have compassion for the service industry; to this day, I remember that job as a motel maid at the tender young age of 16.
antmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

I have always said this to my spouse. She is extremely attractive!

We focus on value much more than we do on cost.
brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett View Post
I have always said this to my spouse. She is extremely attractive!
That's the case here too. When we were dating DW-to-be came over to the house and I noted that she had a small hole in her jeans. She said "I know, but I hate shopping".

So I immediately fell to my knees and proposed.

Well, it didn't happen exactly that way, but I think it significant that I remember that after almost 30 years.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

In the 80's I drove a 79 Corolla and had maybe five suits at a time, some of which wore pretty thin. I did however, max out in the 401k plan. George (not his real name) have 15 or more nice suits, monogrammed pressed shirts, a new Lexus, but could not afford to put a dime in the 401k plan. I married a frugal woman who puts up with me. George had a trophy wife who's daily routine involved going to the spa, finding the trendiest restaurant for dinner and clothes shopping. Wonder how he is doing today?
Z3Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #7

Love this! I've always been thankful that I married a good-lookin' thrifty guy. And the tipping comments are interesting; I'm a big cheapskate and so is hubby, but we always tip at least 20% and often more.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

DH took my breath away before I knew his feelings about finance.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

He was tall, lean, blond, blue-eyed, and drove a horrible old beater with dented sides and ripped back seats. And I overheard him advising somebody else in the office to use her low-interest-rate savings to pay back her 22% credit card debt.

So maybe frugality had something to do with it

Amethyst
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote