"frugal" tip: magnets from yr. elec. toothbrush

Im assuming my dentist has my best interests in mind. I don't second guess her when she tells me my teeth are great and gums are beautiful. My teeth are in her hands. :D:D

My teeth are in a cup on the bathroom counter... :p

But they look great... :D

"May I have an Orafix?"

"Not without a note, hell no..."

George Carlin

Look on the bright side! No more worries about cavities!

I 'm wondering if there is something special about Sonicare to warrant the cost . I've had Sonicare and Braun and I really do not see any difference. Is there one besides price ?

Bumper sticker: Back in the 70s you did acid, now you won't eat white bread

I must find this bumper stick for my sister. Please tell me where you saw it.

I 'm wondering if there is something special about Sonicare to warrant the cost . I've had Sonicare and Braun and I really do not see any difference. Is there one besides price ?
I think you've just answered your own question...

I never priced a Sonic Care verse a Braun. I head to the dentist she says yes good or no bad. They were good and I didnt need to spend another 120 dollars for periodontal cleaning. So to me the 120 or whatever bucks I paid for the Sonic Care which has lasted 2 years so far acceptable. I maybe over paying but when It comes to my choppers I am not screwing around. I do not squabble with my health on teeth or other various body parts. Chump change in the scheme of things.

No matter the toothbrushing apparatus, flossing is more important to gum health.

No matter the toothbrushing apparatus, flossing is more important to gum health.

Totally agree on that! Every time I head head to the dentist its like being hounded by my mother. Are you flossing? The thing is they know too! They poke to see if you bleed or not. But they test you anyways. Im wise to their little trickery...

Crap sorry got off into some weird mode..

Totally agree on that! Every time I head head to the dentist its like being hounded by my mother. Are you flossing? The thing is they know too! They poke to see if you bleed or not. But they test you anyways. Im wise to their little trickery...

Crap sorry got off into some weird mode..

I had to send the perio's kids to Harvard to figure that out...

OK OK I'LL FLOSSS!!!!!!! (argh.) I only think to do it every so often.. some times a few times a week.. then I regress for several months. :p

Hmmm, I've tried both the braun and sonicare and frankly hated the sonicare. Didnt seem to clean my teeth as well as the braun.

I never floss unless I've got something stuck in my teeth, yet the dentist has always congratulated me on my excellent flossing. They usually have almost nothing to do as far as cleaning goes. Seems the braun does an excellent job in between teeth and at preventing calculus buildup.

My first Braun lasted about 9 years until the battery finally got weak and I became disgusted at using a 9 year old power head. My second one is still going well 6 years after I bought it and has been passed down to my 3 year old. My wife and I got in on a two-fer at costco for the super fancy version of the braun with an LED readout and multiple speeds and we've had those for a little over a year now.

I used to bad about flossing, and I had a trick to fool the dentist. Don't try this at home: My PalmPilot would alert me when a dentist visit was coming up in two weeks, and I'd start flossing like crazy. It worked like a charm. No bleeding, and compliments on my good flossing. I was a bad person.

But now, I have floss by the couch, and do it every night while watching TV. Floss, that is. I can accept the compliments without guilt.

I use a Braun rotary, and will continue to use it until the dang thing dies, then I'll revisit... :rolleyes:

But I can brush AND rinse, and still get "stuff" from between my teeth by flossing. So I'll continue to waste 60 seconds or so flossing.

Yes, but ...

Have you looked inside that Sonicare lately? The way it is designed it's easy for it to retain moisture and grow mold in there. Yuck. Talked to the dental hygienist about it and he says the top part (not the battery part) can be cleaned in the dishwasher.

Often I just take it apart at night so it can dry out.

Definitely need to rinse these things out thoroughly (once a week at minimum) - a little slosh of an antiseptic mouthwash in both pieces also helps keep the yuck from growing & sticking.

I always leave the top off when not in use.

I had a Sonicare that died after about 3-4 years of use. I recently purchased a Braun because it was less expensive (bought the low end model). I miss the 30 second timer, but the Braun will let me know when I'm using too much pressure (nice feature).
Al, I use the same trick. Although I'm trying to get more regular with my flossing now that I'm 50. I would like to keep my teeth.

Back
Top Bottom