Full Blown Iran-US WAR - are you reallocating assets ? Black Swan year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So Rockets have been fired. Is this a Black Swan year ?

Let me know when the nukes go off.

Was there a year in the last decade when rockets didn't go off? How did the market do last decade?

Last edited:
Either you think this is the worst thing ever or the greatest thing ever. Can't talk about it here either way.

In any case I'm not moving a dime (though I may feel better about the 1% of my NW I hold in Gold).

I didn't do well with moving to a safe harbor back in September (the most recent turndown), I lost out on several thousand $$, and was back in equities in October. I think I will give this a week or two and re-evaluate, but for now, I am holding fast.

Buy the whole world’s economy through a stock and bond index allocation conservative enough to let you sleep well, leave it alone to grow and go live your lives.

Last edited:
War has always goosed the economy. It's when war ends that the economy goes into recession.

Well, just by asking the question it's not a Black Swan anymore. But imagine a week or two from now, maybe, ya never know, Iran gets too giddy and over-reaches. Then "our guy" decides to throw a nuke just to teach them and everybody else who's in charge. He did say something once like "Why do we have them if we don't use them?" Not the big ones. One of those micro-sized tactickle ones. I wonder...........

I was putting 20k in international bonds maybe I'll wait a couple days. [emoji41]

I was putting 20k in international bonds maybe I'll wait a couple days. [emoji41]

Market timer! Why not just buy fewer. Then you can still sleep at night

(yes, I'm being whimsical)

Maybe the USAF will recall me into the nuclear missile program I was in back in the day?............Oh, wait, I'm 76 and probably too old. :facepalm:

Hard to believe that Barbara Ann parody song debuted 40 years ago. May no one make a rash decision, investment or otherwise.

I don't re-allocate assets based on panic or any scary stories I hear, no matter the source.

But hey, I'm a firm buy-and-holder. Others will disagree.

I have the end of the world by asteroid factored into my plan. Not sure about middle east war. I'll have to check the spreadsheet.

Watch the market not even dip tomorrow and Tesla go on to break $500 this week.

I've already re-allocated at start of year. Staying put til 2021 :popcorn:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom