fun with tax return preparation...

socca

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My Dad's taxes are very complicated. He spends basically the entire first quarter of every year preparing his own tax returns, and then compares the results with his various accountants' returns. You have to be an engineer to understand why anyone would do this.

My Dad is a retired professor from Ohio State University. He's been retired for about 15 years. He was shocked when he received a W2 from the OSU finance folks on April 15th (postdated April 14th), claiming that some kind of insurance benefit he received had to be reported. This ruins all of his already-filed federal and multiple state tax returns. Needless to say, he's outraged.

It seems to me that we need the person running OSU's finance department in Washington DC running the TARP and its inevitable successors. :D

One of the beauties of tax software as opposed to filling the thing out long hand.

socca,
Pass our best wishes to your dad.
It is the conscientious, the frugal, and those who yearn for reason and transparency that are punished by our present tax reporting system. Everyone else loves it.

Back
Top Bottom