Fund of funds ticker symbol in Quicken

CUinFl

Recycles dryer sheets
I tried searching and am hoping I did not miss the obvious as I have to believe others have had this question.

I have recently shift funds to Vanguard target retirement 2035 Trust I. In setting up the fund in Quicken, I cannot find that fund's ticker. I find the general fund (Vanguard target retirement 2035), priced at ~$18.5 per share, but not the Trust I.

Is there a site that has tickers I could associate with this Fund of Funds?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

As I recall Quicken only includes tickers for publicly traded funds. Your fund is probably only available through certain employer 401ks. I recall my 401k had certain funds that Quicken didn't recognize the ticker because they were only available to certain 401k participants and not the general public.

Bloomberg shows the ticker as CIT1467:US

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/CIT1467:US

Last edited:
Pb4uski, that is exactly the scenario. Since quicken does not recognize this, is the only option I have through manual Quicken adjustments or are there other options.

Thanks... I appreciate it. I guess that is the trade off for lower expenses. :)

As I recall Quicken only includes tickers for publicly traded funds. Your fund is probably only available through certain employer 401ks. I recall my 401k had certain funds that Quicken didn't recognize the ticker because they were only available to certain 401k participants and not the general public.

Bloomberg shows the ticker as CIT1467:US

CIT1467 Quote - Vanguard Target Retirement 2035 Trust I CIT Fund - Bloomberg

My 401k also has that Vanguard target date series. I have a weekly ritual of manually entering all my stock and fund prices anyway, so it hasn't been that big a deal to me. I have gotten use to going to my 401k manager's website in order to get the target date prices, which is a little inconvenient. Thanks for the Bloomberg reference, so now I can get prices without a login.

Back
Top Bottom