FZEXX vs FDZXX: What Yield to Compare?

MercyMe

Recycles dryer sheets
Fidelity's FZDXX (taxable money market fund)
7 Day yield: 3.82%

FZEXX (tax-exempt money market fund)
7 Day Yield: 3.27% but for my tax bracket the yield shows an equivalent of 5.34%

My dry powder is in FZDXX. Seems like a no-brainer to sell out of it and move into FZEXX.

Am I missing something?

7 Day Yield: 3.27% but for my tax bracket the yield shows an equivalent of 5.34%

My dry powder is in FZDXX. Seems like a no-brainer to sell out of it and move into FZEXX.

Am I missing something?
Probably not, but FZDXX current 7-day yield is higher than what you posted: 4.23%, 1 day is 4.26%

Am I missing something?
The 7 day yield you're looking at for FZDXX is as of the end of the month (November). To see the current 7 day yield, choose the Performance & Risk tab above where you found the yield. Scroll down the Performance page and there is a current 7 day yield of 4.16 for FZDXX.

Last edited:
The 7 day yield you're looking at for FZDXX is as of the end of the month (November). To see the current 7 day yield, choose the Performance & Risk tab above where you found the yield. Scroll down the Performance page and there is a current 7 day yield of 4.16 for FZDXX.
Thanks. Any reason I shouldn't move to FZEXX?

Both are going to be well managed money market funds, holding different classes of paper. With set $1 values (and hopefully that never breaks) you can easily move in and out of them as often as you like as rates move.

Why FZDXX over SPRXX ?
I was not aware of SPRXX. Having looked at it just now, I see it has a higher yield than FZDXX, but FZEXX nets a higher after-tax yield due to my tax bracket.

Check your dates carefully before comparing MM fund yields and make sure you are comparing the same date and the same period - e.g. 7 day yield.

Back
Top Bottom