Join Early Retirement Today
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #101
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Mulligan's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 9,132
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Admittedly I was one of those. I got to ER by job choice (police officer) at an early age with a great pension plan that is now no longer offered.

And believe me, with some rare exceptions you really don't want 60-year-old police officers out there. It is a young person's job.

I am in the same boat... I always knew compounding was the "8th wonder of the world", but never took it as serious as I should since I was saving for my definitely hits you when you read the pension reports and it cites that the system is funded 34% by employer and employee while the other 66% of the system is funded by investment returns off those contributions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mulligan is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is doing nothing acceptable? dr_popeye FIRE and Money 8 08-23-2013 01:40 PM
Doing Nothing in ER ferco Life after FIRE 47 01-06-2007 10:51 AM
[u]Doing Nothing[/u] by Tom Lutz haha Other topics 4 09-12-2006 02:51 PM
Doing Nothing: A History of Loafers, Loungers, Slackers, and Bums in America Sheryl Life after FIRE 14 08-02-2006 09:27 PM
Doing Nothing mickj Other topics 0 05-31-2006 12:50 PM

» Quick Links

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.