Going it alone

(Men are pigs).
Dogs. Men are dogs. Many men are pigs, but all are dogs. WOOF!

Re: online dating: Hasn't worked for me. I've been a computer guy since the dial-up BBS days, but meeting online to me has never had any significance with respect to meeting someone in person; the online impressions and relationship and offline impressions and relationship aren't correlated in my experience. Besides, I've noticed that the most interesting people I've met I would never have emailed online if I had seen their traits listed in a personal ad. (Older smokers, for example.)

. . . but meeting online to me has never had any significance with respect to meeting someone in person; the online impressions and relationship and offline impressions and relationship aren't correlated in my experience. . .

In fact, if we all were able to meet in person, we would probably find that:
1) John Galt is shy and insecure,
2) unclemick is a 13 year old girl from Missoula,
3) TH is actually not human but is a dog,
4) Bob Smith is a type A, power-crazed executive,
5) cuthroat has not been outside his home for over a decade,
. . . . :D

I agree that computer dating can be an invitation to some to be deceptive. I have also noticed that many people just don't really know what they want. Sometimes the list of "likes" provided includes things that they think they'll like but haven't really tried, or that they enjoy in moderation. Example: "hiking" to some means an hour walk on a wooded path and a visit to an ice cream stand, and to others it means an all-day high-peak excursion....
Anyhow, I tried a local singles line that uses phone messages to contact the other singles...took some weeding out, didn't spend a lot of time on the phone, met them in person quickly if they seemed my type, and had some very good results....
My 2 cents
Adventuregirl

Hi Adventuregirl! Actually, for the lazy male, it
(on-line dating) is the only way to go. I recall I got
some raised eyebrows though. I will never be available again (weeping and lamentation is heard across the land)
but if I was, I would stick with the on-line websites.
Seems like a no-brainer to me.

John Galt

Back
Top Bottom