Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREdreamer View Post
food decoration. Gold, as opposed to other heavy metals, is fairly inert (it does not react readily with other substances) and it is believed that gold, when ingested, travels through the GI track with no adverse (or beneficial) effects for most people.
Hence the term "$hit a gold brick"...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigla View Post
Can anyone recommend a good gold or precious metals fund. Thanks Larry
Have a look at ASA.

It's the investment class everyone luv's to hate for very understandable reasons. Even I dislike owning the stuff, and yet I've been overweighted in coins and stock for some time and will hang on to both as long as the $ printing presses are screaming at warp speed. Who knows, maybe I'll end up eating crow in the end but for now I think there is quite a bit more upside to go. Either way it's going to be a volatile, unsettling ride.
TargaDave is offline   Reply With Quote