Got a call this afternoon from an estate attorney....

Floridatennisplayer

Recycles dryer sheets
..of a physician that I used to call on regularly from 2006-2013. He loved investing. Asked me about my start up company. Told him I was confident in our pipeline which was why I left big pharma to take a chance along with a lot of stock. In November of 2013 my small pharma company was purchased by a very large pharma company at a large premium. There was a time when our stock in 2008 and again in 2010 was at $1.50 a share. I told him I was still confident. We both got a large payout.

I moved on in 2013 to a different medical company and kept in touch a few times a year. It’s been over a year since we’ve talked. I found out today that he passed away in August. Well, the attorney told me I was included in his will. He read the paragraph in his amendment to me. He was from India and a wonderful guy. He is making a copy of the paragraph for me. It’s so funny. He said, “ Oh Mr. Roddy ( my name is Rod) .....you pay for my sons medical school. Your company on last breath an I think it to die! You tell me no....we will make it! I believe you! I make $600K! You good man and funny too. I hope you enjoy this. You never complain to bring my special dish from Bangladesh. I not sure if you a rich man as I be, but enjoy this good stock friend.”

I’m going to print his paragraph in a frame an put it in my office. I go in next Tuesday.

Last edited:
This is awesome. So nice of him to write a note to you! This made me smile tonight

This is awesome. So nice of him to write a note to you! This made me smile tonight

Thank you. I was so touched. I hate myself for not contacting him this year. One of the few physicians who really gave me quality time and always asked how my family was doing. God bless him.

I also found out that he owned a Dunkins Donuts franchise here. His family has 2 of them in our city.

Why are you going into your office when you are retired? Home office and away from home?

Why are you going into your office when you are retired? Home office and away from home?

I’m going to the attorneys office next week to sign some papers. I have an office in my home. That’s where I’ll put the frame in one of my bookshelves.

IMG_0232.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful story! Framing the section from the will is a nice way to remember your friend.

FTP
Based on your relating of your calls on Physicians with your manager I have a feeling you impacted many lives. More than you know or will know

Good job.

What a nice man to remember you like that!

Back
Top Bottom