Great Depression comparison

White space and paragraphs, please! It's makes things so much easier to read.
-
I sent Gardnr a private and sincere thank you for pointing that out. I agree. That particular long paragraph was difficult to read. Do we need a poll on this?

Obviously, you've decided to to ignore my point. That is, if someone is going to criticize others for not using perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc., that person should have perfect perfect mastery of the English language. I am guilty of not using paragraphs, but this forum has always been informal and should stay that way.

Nope. Obviously you've misinterpreted who the "he" is in my post. ;)

and i was only making a point of the point. that does it. that's the last time i make a point of somebody else's it's.

Yep, it's pointless.

or is it?

img_716653_0_9768898cb4079a6afe775cf93f63c1eb.jpg

nurse diesel's pointy it's

oh give me a break & quit threadjacking. i can't afford them while the great depression churns. they are very valuable ya know & i suspect if i keep my caps dry i'll make a killing when you all run out of yours. fortunately, since coming out of early retirement & preparing for my next career as a caps trader, i found time to learn from my harbrace college handbook about sentence structure even while waiting without any icecubes on a breadline for a handout of some porridge.

I've always been impressed with the absence of capital letters in your posts. Your individuality truly stands out. You should be commended for scholarly dedication to your studies for safely hoarding your copy of Harbrace College Handbook from English 101 for so many decades. Most people wouldn't have taken their studies so seriously and would have sold it back to their college bookstore.:)

I just want to know who's going to have to wear the to to.

Frankly if I see a big fat honking paragraph thats half a page long, I skip along to the next post. I dont think it has a thing to do with Mr. Language Person stuff, its just too hard to pick the points out of a stream of consciousness.

I just want to know who's going to have to wear the to to.

Frankly if I see a big fat honking paragraph thats half a page long, I skip along to the next post. I dont think it has a thing to do with Mr. Language Person stuff, its just too hard to pick the points out of a stream of consciousness.

You've raised a very valid point. Obviously, if you don't read what I've written, I've failed as a communicator. Thanks for the insight! Perhaps I need to consider the use of paragraphs and white space.

Eh, dont sweat it. I plan for most people to not read anything I write. That doesnt really slow me down much though... ;)

Obviously, you've decided to to ignore my point. That is, if someone is going to criticize others for not using perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc., that person should have perfect perfect mastery of the English language. I am guilty of not using paragraphs, but this forum has always been informal and should stay that way.

Geez, sorry. I didn't (and wouldn't) criticize imperfect grammar, spelling, etc. I think CFB made my point for me. It's not a matter of informality. It's a matter of "readability."

Back
Top Bottom