Guess we're doing ok?

I've taken to substituting the word "blessed" for the word luck. I suppose it's a semantical argument, but it just seems to put things more into perspective for me. Naturally, YMMV.

Luck usually occurs when you stay focused on your goal and are willing to prepare and do the work. When people complain to me that they would like to retire early, like my wife and I did, I ask them "How bad do you want it?".

I've taken to substituting the word "blessed" for the word luck. I suppose it's a semantical argument, but it just seems to put things more into perspective for me. Naturally, YMMV.

I have done this as well. Problem is it raises the question of "by whom" which gets into personal spiritual beliefs which in my case gets a little complicated.

We have a friend that uses blessed every day on her FB page. Man I am not blessed nearly that often!

OTOH our friend discovered that he has stage 4 cancer with 4-6 months to live. The only symptom was blood clots in his leg! So I guess I should count those blessings more often!

Back
Top Bottom