Has anyone read this book?

Agree--Milevsky is definitely an academic and can't avoid slipping into that mode when writing. He would not be my recommendation for someone just starting to look at annuity issues.

Agree--Milevsky is definitely an academic and can't avoid slipping into that mode when writing. He would not be my recommendation for someone just starting to look at annuity issues.

Unless, of course, they are academics like me!

Why would I pay to read an annuity pusher's pitch? They are supposed to pay me to show up at their dinner seminars....

Why would I pay to read an annuity pusher's pitch? They are supposed to pay me to show up at their dinner seminars....

he's not an "annuity pusher" he's a retired actuary showing people how to make income streams off of DC balances so they don't have to eat cat food

he's not an "annuity pusher" he's a retired actuary showing people how to make income streams off of DC balances so they don't have to eat cat food

From the product description:

"As president of Rest-of-Life Communications, Steve delivers retirement planning workshops and conducts retirement education campaigns. He has never sold insurance, annuities, or investments; this enables him to be unbiased in his writing and recommendations."

not only is milevsky an academic but he has pointed out on occasion some of the most amazingly good deals out there . there were some gurantees being offered from hartford and prudential that his research questioned how they can do it .

he advised to run to buy these annuity products .

well he was so right because hartford stopped issuing the product and prudential offered to buy them back at a profit .

if you listened you got a great deal with guarantees that were just plain crazy

I found Milevsky on the Think Advisor website.

Is that site useful, or just a tool to sell financial 'products' to the uninformed?

Fancy Feast vs Kroger Cost-Cutter, the never ending saga. :nonono:

I think I'll see if the library can order the book for me. The Amazon reviews look pretty basic but there might be a pearl or three in there.

Thanks.

_B

Fancy Feast vs Kroger Cost-Cutter, the never ending saga. :nonono:

I think I'll see if the library can order the book for me. The Amazon reviews look pretty basic but there might be a pearl or three in there.

Thanks.

_B

I went ahead and bought it. Have a 4 day golf tourn next week so it may take me a bit to get through it.

Back
Top Bottom